moving site & emails showing before dns change?

I am moving a site to my value account and I setup the site, created the email address but have not yet changed dns on the domain name.

However, one of the email address's started receiving email right away?

The site is that is going to be moved here is currently hosted with another company. How are the emails getting through to the jodohost server?

Since I am not going to transfer the site until a few more days I deleted that one email account and will re-create it just before moving.

I already deleted the account since I thought maybe email was being mis-routed and maybe the client would not be getting thier email when checking with outlook?

But they get a lot of spam so I could turn it back on until a message comes through and then turn it off again.

It only seems to be happening to one email address on that account.

thanks!

I already deleted the account since I thought maybe email was being mis-routed and maybe the client would not be getting thier email when checking with outlook?

But they get a lot of spam so I could turn it back on until a message comes through and then turn it off again.

It only seems to be happening to one email address on that account.

thanks!
One possibility is that you mailed them, as it would look for a local server before remote.

Now I think I know.
Its not mail from me but there is a forward setup on another site that is hosted here also. So all of the forwards are going to newly created account.

I guess you would be able to see that in the header if I would have saved the messages.

thanks!
-George

Now I think I know.
Its not mail from me but there is a forward setup on another site that is hosted here also. So all of the forwards are going to newly created account.

I guess you would be able to see that in the header if I would have saved the messages.

thanks!
-George

That would do it as well.

Back