MS-SQL 2000 ISDN Problem

K

koup

I have a driving crazy interesting Problem. I have to connect to a MS-SQL Server over ISDN (64-128 Kbits connection). The Enterprise Manager connects to the IP address but after klicking on the db folder the program do something for about 5-10 min. and writs ?(no Elements)? in the db Folder after that. First I?ve tried it, out of my Java program with a jtds driver. I execute a query SELECT * FROM on a Table with more then 25 attributes or a query with complex WHERE statement on a big table. No error, no nothing the program just waiting for something. So I think the same problem happens with the Enterprise Manager when he starts to read the metadata of the DB?s.

Now why I am going crazy here: Other Complex queries (almost all) working well. If I connect over Cable or network everything is fine. Some computers, with almost the same configuration, working well over ISDN (Enterprise Manager and queries out of the program). And if I use a SELECT statement with 24 attributes and a simple WHERE (number = ?1111?) it works fine too. Network configuration, Windows version, and firewall checked-> no new Information gained. For some reason some Computers work over ISDN and some not. It must be some hardware or configuration of the PCs in the Mix with the slow connection and some wrong settings of the server, but I don?t really know.

I have no idea what to do. Any Help would be great here.

Thanks a lot for any help koup.

Back