MSN, Hotmail and gmail problems signing int

sergiu

Guppy
Hi
I am having trouble signing in to msn. When i click sign in it says: "Signing in to .NET messenger Service failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist. If you have forgotten...blah blah check help topics." Obviously I tried again and when I do it says the same thing. Now, when I try to go into hotmail to sign in and I put my username and password and click sign in the page just switches to "The following page does not exist" or something like that when there is a bad link. Also, when I can't get into the gmail homepage; it says the same think. I tried it on a different computer and it works fine, but this one X( !!!! Please help!!! I am dying here!!!

Hi Sergiu - I don't have MSN/Hotmail/Gmail, but, it sounds to me like you may have a cookie problem on the computer you're using. Double check to make sure you are allowing cookies.

Good luck

I tried what you advised me and still the same problem occurs. I allowed third party and first party cookies, but nothing happens. If some out there knows something PLEASE help me. I am willing to invite someone to gmail if they can help me. Thank you for this much anyway.

Tried firefox or opera?

Do you have zonealarm? if so, turn it off, I bet it will fix the issue.

Re Stephens answer about ZoneAlarm. Before turning it off, set it the alert level to High. Then, if there is an issue you'll get a pop-up saying something like "XXX is trying to access the internet". Apparently, the average time for an unprotected computer to be infected on the net is 14 seconds!!

I don't have ZoneAlarm, so I doubt it it's that, but I'm not quite sure what Stephen meant by firefox or opera. If you think that will help me can I get more info please. Thank you.

I tried them both, but when I try to use them it says that connection is refused by the homepage or any other web site I want to go to. If that's going to help me I need more directions, sorry I'm new to computers. I am really desperate.

Ok i got it fixed, figured out that Norton Internet Security's rules were corrupted, therefore it didn't let me sign in or access the sites. I removed it and installed AVG instead and it works fine now. Also re-enabled the Windows Firewall with some exceptions. Thanks for all of the advice so far. I guess my comp was too secure...

Back