MSSQL connection problem

Winnie

Guppy
I am having trouble connecting to mssql1.jodoshared.com using enterprises manager. I can log in but it just sits there when I try to expand the databases. Please look into the issue. Thanks.

It's a problem with the Enterprise Manager software, I don't think they ever tested the thing other than on a LAN environment with 10 databases max.

Supposedly it runs better on Windows 98/ME, but I can neither confirm nor deny that.

have the same problem.. nothing to do about it.. first time i connected to jodos SQL server my whole computer just crashed.. had to do a hard reset after i had waited in about ten minutes..

Yes, this is a MS EM issue, there is no way around it that I have seen anywhere, it has to download a list of every database on the server before it will let you in yours, it is crazy, but it is the only way it works..

Only way I know of to avoid this is to use the slimmed down ASPenterpriseManager.net that is web based.

Stephen said:
Yes, this is a MS EM issue, there is no way around it that I have seen anywhere, it has to download a list of every database on the server before it will let you in yours, it is crazy, but it is the only way it works..

Only way I know of to avoid this is to use the slimmed down ASPenterpriseManager.net that is web based.

To be honest I've never really had speed problems with it, can be a bit laggy on the initial connect but once you are viewing your db it should be fine...

You should be able to do most things from the Query Analyzer...

Yes , agreed. I am using a third party database management software available at: http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtm It works pretty good. It is not a web based software. It is a lot like MS's EM manager. For some reason Microsoft's EM "scolls" through all of the databases before it can open yours. EM does work great over a cable connection.

Wishing you all have a faster connection.

Tonto.

I have a fairly fast connection, but still I have high pings, transatlantic connection ads 60 to 70 ms guaranteed.

Back