MSSQL manager error

cca

Perch
Error When trying to view tables/stored proceedures etc:
Error: Object variable or With block variable not set.
Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic

Ticket:ISX-74139-415

Anyone else getting errors trying to view tables etc in mssql manager....and why can i see a whole bunch of db's that don't belong to the db owner.

cca,

you see DBs because people have added "public" to their database.

As for the error, it is stripping possible "malicious" code out, its a pain, and why I never recommend using the web based manager, I'd highly recommend using aqua data studio.

cca,

you see DBs because people have added "public" to their database.

As for the error, it is stripping possible "malicious" code out, its a pain, and why I never recommend using the web based manager, I'd highly recommend using aqua data studio.

why would they do that?

I don't know, but they do, it is developers :D Security is the last thing on some developers minds. I know first hand from some requests we get. Others are very good and think about it, many simply don't, until they are defaced.

I don't know, but they do, it is developers :D Security is the last thing on some developers minds. I know first hand from some requests we get. Others are very good and think about it, many simply don't, until they are defaced.

it's silly and an inconvenience for everyone that has to wait to download all that metadata.

Back