MSSQL: Remote Connection and Multiple Users?

Winnie

Guppy
Dear Jodohost Admin,

For MSSQL, do you allow remote connection and multiple users with different privileges? What I would like to have is the ability to connect to the MSSQL DB at Jodohost from other web sites using a user account with only "select" right. Thanks for your help in advance.

Winnie

Yash said:
Yes, you can do that. You can create unlimited MS SQL users with different access rights

Thanks for your quick reply. How about remote connection? This is a must for me since the web application I'm developing needs this to work.

Winnie

Hi Yash,

I've been playing around with the trial account. The server is great but I have trouble connecting to the MSSQL DB remotely using the DAAB in ASP.NET. It gave me the access denied error when I tried to connect from a site not at JodoHost. I can connect to it from my JodoHost site though. The connection string I use is this:

"Data Source=mssql3.jodohost.com;Initial Catalog=xxxxx;UID=xxxxx;PWD=xxxxx"

The "xxxxx"s are my database name and login details. Any help is appreciated.

Winnie

Winnie

We have placed no restrictions on our SQL server and you can access it from any server in the world. But the access method may need to be altered for it to work. Unfortunately, we do not have any ASP programmers at the moment and can't help you with this.

Re: Re: MSSQL: Remote Connection and Multiple Users?

I use this type of connection to SQL server in ASP.NET - it works:

server=MSSQL2.JODOHOST.COM;database=MyDB;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx

Re: Re: Re: MSSQL: Remote Connection and Multiple Users?

StPatrick said:
I use this type of connection to SQL server in ASP.NET - it works:

server=MSSQL2.JODOHOST.COM;database=MyDB;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx

Have you succeded in remote connection from off-server sites? I have tried every possible combination of connection string.. but still no luck
;(

well, i can connect to my database fine from aspenterprisemanager.com so I don't think that JodoHost doesn't allow remote connections

Re: Re: Re: Re: MSSQL: Remote Connection and Multiple Users?

Haven't tried from other sites, but SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analizer are working.
But are you sure that another site allows you to connect to outside SQL server?

Any Luck - could u find the solution.

I am facing the same problem - have tried all options - as in added dbscon etc ... tried using TCP/IP ... but the database is not connecting !!!

Regards,
Ani

Kindly, once send us a ticket with link in which you are getting database connection error. So, we can check it.

Back