MSSQL web interface not working?

yorri

Perch
Is this the proper url still? I haven't used it in a while so not sure if anything has changed.

http://sqladmin.jodohost.com

Either way, it redirects me to a control panel and I can't login.

When I try to access the MSSQL from one of my domains (by activating it) I just get a page not found error.

So, I have no idea how to access the web interface anymore.

H-sphere now has the MSSQL Manager utility integrated into the CP to manage the MSSQL DBs and you may use it straightaway from the CP. For this you need to enable ASP and ASP.net resources for the domain.

Well that is what I thought until it didn't work.

I have asp and asp.net enabled. Then I remembered we used to use an external url.

So I guess I need to submit a ticket.

I was told that it was an issue with IE so I used Mozilla and it worked fine.

Yash, since we now have access to MSSQL Manager through our control panels again, it might be a good idea to remove this forum entry in general announcements

http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=1641

OR maybe update it to say that it is now available through the control panel and that there is an issue using IE.

OK, I'll try getting SQLAdmin to work again today. I'll have to install it individually on each MS SQL server rather than having it on a single server.

I have the MS SQL Web Data Admin up and running properly now. However I am reviewing it for security issues, it seems to have a whole lot of access.

Hopefully you can do whatever is needed security wise so that we can use it. I am sure it would be extremely useful to many of us.

I am finishing up on the access to it, I am trying to get it to use SQL authentication isntead of windows authentication by default now, as it is just one less step for the user. After reviwing most of the security it is nothing more than EM offers (seeing all the databases).

I still need to go over it one more time however. It has an excellent SQL backup feature to dump structure and data, that will be most welcome!

I'm really looking forward to be able to backup my MS SQL databases to my local computer (which was possible more than a year ago, but since changing of servers, etc was no longer available).

Thanks for putting the effort in to make it work again, much appreciated. When will it be available?

Yorri tested it out and did not make any negative comments, but had a good suggestion. I will PM you a login to the system in less than 24 hours, and should get a write-up about different methods to manage SQL Server by monday night (US Central Time) and will make the announcement public then.

Any news on using the SQL Web Interface. I would like to backup my SQL database before I add additional tables to it.

Thanks,

Adam

I have not had time to simplify a bit of this, but it is up and running. I am still working to make a small write up on using it.

http://64.156.223.254/webadmin/default.aspx

Login as sqler and password sql123sql

Then when it wants your MS SQL login info just do that as usual, the first prompt is just for windows authentication, I am working to remove it and also the "windows authentication" option from the MS SQL login options.

I tried that and I got this error when I tried to access the Databases.

ERROR

Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

at SqlAdmin.ISqlServer.Connect(Object ServerName, Object Login, Object Password)
at SqlAdmin.SqlServer.Connect()
at SqlWebAdmin.databases.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Any ideas?

No it is working fine for me.

Make sure you use the login and password I gave to login at the popup.
Then select SQL Login on the form login, that will activate the other fields. In those other fields enter your MS SQL login information, and password, then the server (i.e. mssql2.jodo**ared.com mssql1.jodosh**ed.com)
Once you do that it will list some sample databases and your database, select yours and you can do some backups and such from there.

Stephen,

I got it to work for me. THANK YOU!

When I export, the .sql file, how do I restore if ever needed?

Thank for all the help! You guys are AWESOME!

Adam

Back