MSSQL4 - storage issue - resolved

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are checking on an issue with MSSQL4 that occurred during backup run, and it is now having errors.

Re: MSSQL4 - checking on issue with it

I have had to turn off the server due to this, so it is down at the moment
will update ASAP.

There is a storage issue making this, we are working on it top priority.

A bit of a nightmare scenario here on a large RAID10 storage array we lost a drive in backups, not an issue, but another started giving bad sectors continually, and then another drive dropped.
This is impacting both MSSQL4 servers(cluster1 and 2)

CL2-MSSQL4 is now up and this is my primary focus now.

This is pretty much unreal while working on it a 4th drive failed in the array, we were able to get CL2-MSSQL4 off in a live runnable form before the additional drives failed in the storage array. The CL1-MSSQL4 was copying and froze in the middle, and didn't complete.
I am working on it still and will provide an update as soon as I possibly can.

I have been able to retrieve so far a vast portion of the data as it was at the time right before the crash from backups and from the physical drives re-assembled in bare minimums. I will update again on status soon.

Data safe on another location now for CL1MSSQL4, working to re-install it now.

SQL server installed, working now to copy data into new storage array for accessing by the setup we have here now.

The Server is now up and running. All Databases online.

There was an issue for clients using IP based connections for some clients using an old IP. We have mounted the extra IP on MSSQL4 to prevent this now.

Back