MSSQL7 restored- MSSQL9 back up - complete

Re: MSSQL9, MSSQL7 network not responding

On the way to datacenter to check it now.

There seems to be a big issue with the main drives for the node OS, they are both giving 'SMART' errors and not allowing to boot. We are working to resolve the case.
I will probably be moving the machines to another node.

I have MSSQL9 copying to a new hardware node now, will give ETA ASAP, for the amount of data, probably looking about 1 hour 15 min or so, as a wild guess.

As of now:
ETA: MSSQL9 1.5 hours MSSQL7 1.25 hours.

Will update more as possible.

Just got an error on MSSQL7 copy, not 'worried' yet, but may be a delay.

I am working to copy live data, we still have 2nd RAID drive + backups as well, data is well available.

MSSQL9 is still going well over 100GB done and 45GB still to go, then a bit of config work.

MSSQL9 is UP. MSSQL7, no new ETA, still working on getting it in place.

MSSQL9 was brought back to state as it was when the node went down, so no restore of data was done or needed, outside of transactional repairs.

MSSQL7 may still be a while yet. The copy from the other drive is moving very slowly (I think it had some issue that may have cloned to the other in the RAID)

We have data backups and all, and can go that route if required, but it will take even longer than the current means of slowly copying.

If you have a VERY urgent need to have your DB up in the next 2 hours, we can restore your DB to another SQL 2008 server without issue, I am giving directions to staff on this now.

Staff have directions and access to the MSSQL7 backups from 1-2am this morning and can restore you to MSSQL8 if required. We will help you with this no issue, we are continuing in restore of MSSQL7 data but it is taking its time, one copy is moving at under 1MB/s right now :(

Getting a CRC error on both copies of MSSQL7 now, this isn't good for time to restore fully, but working to get it done ASAP.
We have the ability to go at it another way as well, but will require restore of each DB which may take a long time to process.
Again, if you have an urgent need to access, we can get you on from this mornings backup on another SQL server, just send in a ticket.

MSSQL7 is a smaller server, so the amount of users impacted is small but we don't like any being impacted by this.

MSSQL7 I have ping up, but services not up on it, we are working on some file level restores for it, and it will still be quite a while.

Still restoring, being done DB by DB, there is no speedy way to do this, its being done as fast as possible. I am trying one last ditch effort on getting the prior live data to come up which would have, and still would be faster thant he DB by DB restore, but every shot at that is failing.

There was an error in some of the restores (don't worry backups fine) now having to reprocess them. We are still looking at about 3-4 hours here till up.

We have space on other servers to move if you need, we do understand.

I have found a script to process the restore process better, and have restores loaded from 2:30am until 3am, a bit later than the 1am backup. I expect to start processing the backups in the next 25 minutes and then will allow them to load and start SQL ports open ASAP. Still looking at 1+ hours.

The auto script is not working to restore, but I have over 50% done now with the help of techs to match the batch runs. (many thanks to them)

Re: MSSQL7 down - MSSQL9 back up - work in progress

We are very near to finish restore.It will take at most 15-20 minutes from now.

The final batch of restores is running and then we'll open up the SQL port.

Back