Much simplified combo box/text box issue

etalent

Guppy
As suggested in a response, I've attempted to simplify my issue with this post. The best way I can come up with to simplify is just to assume you have downloaded my database and are looking at it. I skip all the "education" and go right to inputs, desired outputs, logic criteria, etc.

Refer to form "frmVerbs," which has the following controls on it: 12 text boxes, 2 combo boxes.

The whole problem is threefold: (1) enter text in the first 4 text boxes, (2) select from either the combo box labled "Conjugacion" on the page labeled "Espanol" or the combo box labeled "Conjugasao" on the page labeled "Portuguese" to set the values of the text boxes on the pages labeled "Espanol" and "Portuguese," (3) Click the page labeled "Kreyol" and enter text in the two text boxes. That's it.

Here is a specific example of what should happen:

1. Click the new record button, labeled >* at the bottom of the form.
2. Enter "to walk" in the text box labeled "English." Enter "andar" in the text box labled "Spanish" and in the text box labeled "Portuguese." Enter "mache" in the text box labeled "Kreyol."

At this point the 3 text boxes on the page labeled "Espanol" and the 3 text boxes on the page labeled "Portuguese" should be blank. The two text boxes on the page labeled "Kreyol" should also be blank at this point.

5. Click the combo box labeled "Conjugacion" on the page labeled "Espanol." Select "hablar." OR click the combo box labeled "Conjugasao" on the page labeled "Portuguese." Select "falar."

Now the values of the 3 text boxes on the page labeled "Espanol" should be set as follows...

The text box labeled "Present Participle" should have the value "hablando"
The text box labeled "Past Participle" should have the value "hablado"
The text box labeled "Imperative" should have the value "hable"

The values of the 3 text boxes on the page labeled "Portuguese" should be set as follows...

The text box labeled "Present Participle" should have the value "falando"
The text box labeled "Past Participle" should have the value "falado"
The text box labeled "Imperative" should have the value "fale"

6. Click the page labeled "Kreyol." The two text boxes should be blank at this point.
7. In the text box labeled "Kreyol Expression" enter "mache expression placeholder"
8. In the text box labeled "English Interpretation" enter "to walk expression placeholder"

END

Attachments

• Quadling10.ZIP
    94.7 KB · Views: 170
Back