Multiple .EU domains - one hosting solution?

I hope someone can answer the simple question of somebody with very little technical knowledge!

With the recent landrush for the new .eu domains, I applied for 35 domains, expecting to only scoop up a handful, but now find myself the owner of 31. I'm not complaining as I eventually plan to take full advantage of all of them creating a website for each.
If I had to take out a hosting package for all 31, I will end up with a big hole in my pocket, so I was wondering what the possiblities are for having one hosting solution that could support many multiple domains? I currently have a silver plan hosting solution at Jodohost with plenty of hosting space available - can this be used, or do you need to purchase a special hosting solution?

Thanks in advance, and again, apologies for my lack of technobabble.

zarathustra,

You have a few options. One would be to make a generic placeholder page on one of the domains and then set all the others with a domain alias to it.

The other would be to use a reseller account and make a plan for them and host all the domains in one plan, you could then have a seperate page for each domain quite easily.

If you have further questions I would recommend speaking with the sales deptartment. I think you can do this in a way that won't cost you anything, or much more than what you have now.

Good luck with the domains, hope you grabbed some good ones!

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for replying!
I did get a reply from Sales - they recommended the Titanium package, which I think allows for 15 domains, although having two titanium accounts to cater for 30 domains would be a little expensive each month, plus I would have more bandwidth and hosting space than I would know what to do with!

I've heard the term reseller account, but don't know much about it. I'd presumed it was for people wishing to sell hosting to others acting as a sort of middleman whilst hosting it with someone like Jodohost.
If I can operate something like this to cater for all my domains, it would be great!

Did get a few good ones, although quite a few having to use a hypen because squatters were grabbing them up and somehow laying claim during the sunrise period (I think that's the term they gave it), whilst I was battling in the landrush! :)

You could use a reseller account for this purpose, just hosting your own, plus if you had frineds or family wanting to experiment with hosting, or wanted to sale some you could offer it as well.
The process for moving to a reseller account works like this:
Use one of these domains you like the most as a "service" domain (main domain for the reseller account)
Request billing and support move your shared account to your reseller account(this takes it away from being shared under us, to being under your own "hosting" with the reseller plan)

Thanks Stephen - sounds like a very practical solution; I'm not sure why sales didn't recommend this to me. If I'm able to move my silver package across, and turn it into a reseller one that would be great - I'll give it a shot.
Cheers!

Back