MVC.net

shamrox

Perch
Question,

I have put MVC.net on one of my domains http://www.mckaharay.com and when I go to the site it looks fine but when I try to navigate I have issues. Do we have MVC on win14? I am trying to find out why MVC.net is not working.

MVC is installed, there are a few items that require a wildcard entry for MVC to work, we don't just 'freely' do this for every domain, as it creates a DDOs hazard to have mvc/.net reply to every request, but we do it on request. and keep a list ;) jsut in case a DDOS targets such we can know up front.

Personally, I've been using url rewriting in .net (and classic asp) for the past few years just by directing 404's and 405's to a default script which handles all the requests. Works fine for everything. Routing in .NET is the "official" take on it. But, like "ajax", the capability was available years before anyone put a name (and API) to it. :)

Pity really.. now that browsers have HTTPRequest and .NET has Routing, there's little left to hack. Hacking the platform to do things it wasn't made to do was fun. Now it's all official and boring!

Back