MVC3 at JodoHost

SubSpace

Bass
Hi everyone,

I have created a new ASP.NET application for a hobby project, and I'm trying out some new'ish technologies:

• ASP.NET MVC 3
  • Entity Framework 4.1 Code First ("Magic Unicorn Edition")
  • Microsoft Async CTP

I'm hosting this project at JodoHost. Entity Framework 4.1 runs without problems after the initial database creation that required some help (as I expected).

I'm currently having problems with MVC3. Because it's not installed on the server, I "Bin deployed" MVC3, ASP.NET Razor syntax, etc. The application now starts, but there appears to be a problem with the routing. The default route doesn't appear to be working, so my site doesn't have a main page :p

Does anyone have experience with getting MVC3 applications to run on JodoHost?

PS: I was feeling lucky, so I let Visual Studio publish the website over FTP for me :) That appears to have gone okay though...

ok, the issue on routing is this, there is no asp.net wildcard entry

We can make one manually for you, and honestly I am glad there is no wildcard entry by default because it is a magnet for attacks.

Submit a ticket and ask for asp.net MVC3 to be mapped with iis wildcard entry and we'll get it done.

Oh, and not every server has MVC3 yet, so you may need to do a server move if needing.

Back