My last problem....

yorri

Perch
Hey Yash,

3 different hotmail accounts cannot get my emails from my domain. I can get email from 2 of them (although when this problem started I know that all emails sent from one of them wasn't making it through to me).

I opened a ticket and was told there was no problem. I understand that if you test with a hotmail account and find everything ok then of course that would be the answer.

All I know is that I cannot send email to some of my friends now. I never had a problem with this before.

And no, the emails are not going into the bulk bin (one of them is my own hotmail account that I am testing this through). It isn't bouncing back...it just gets lost somewhere.

Oh...this is happening from both my domains...not just one of them. I tested them both.

What should I do? How do we find where the problem is?

Gary, the last time we tested sending email from your account, it was going into hotmail's bulk folder

Anyway, please resubmit your ticket with the mail account access details. We'll look into this promptly.

What we believe is that due to the MyDoom worm, some services are blocking email from some networks. That is what we BELIEVE from some testing we are doing. But we are investigating further

Such network blocks are always temporary

Yash said:
What we believe is that due to the MyDoom worm, some services are blocking email from some networks. That is what we BELIEVE from some testing we are doing. But we are investigating further

Such network blocks are always temporary

Well I can assure you it's not going into the bulk bin for 2 of the accounts, I checked....besides one of my friends has configured my email address so that it NEVER goes into the bulk bin. Of course, because my email address is not in your "safe list" it is explainable why it's going into your bulk bin.

I guess it's good that it's making it into at least one hotmail account.

BTW, I just tested 2 of the hotmail accounts before typing this post. Neither emails made it through to ANY folder. Not bulk bin, not inbox...nothing. But when I sent an email to myself from these hotmail accounts they did get through to me so it is only when I send to them.

please open a ticket with your mailbox access details

We'll perform several tests with it (reverse traceroute, etc) so please give us at least 12 hours on this issue.

Yash said:
please open a ticket with your mailbox access details

We'll perform several tests with it (reverse traceroute, etc) so please give us at least 12 hours on this issue.

Ok thank you,

I am not saying this is a Jodohost problem but I would like to understand where the problem is because it is only happening from my jodohost domains.

I will open another ticket.

yorri said:
Ok thank you,

I am not saying this is a Jodohost problem but I would like to understand where the problem is because it is only happening from my jodohost domains.

whatever the problem is, we'll find out ...
just open that ticket

yorri said:
Ok thank you,

The domain of one (perhaps more) of my customers is suffering the EXACT same problem, some hotmail accounts receive email and others don't

I'll open a ticket too

Back