My site isn't available

rob9966

Guppy
My site was working fine before the work last night in your datacenter.

My site has been unavailable for 12 hours now.

I submitted a ticket early this morning and was told they were looking into it.

I just found the problem - my IP was somehow changed from a dedicated to shared IP.

Please ensure my IP is reset to the dedicated IP I had before.

Thanks...

Rob

This issue relates to yesterdays problem with IIS not restarting. (which was done just before we were about to shut the servers down for the datacenter upgrade)

Here is the problem IIS 5.0 has a bug in it. On some machines IIS will not restart and will run in an unstable manner when there are more than 20 ips binded to the nic. This is what happened yesterday when it would not restart. We removed enough ips to come under 20, your account appears to be one that was switched to a shared ip since you were not running your own ssl it looked to be the course of action, we did not take into account that you were using outside DNS and has to point to a dedicated ip.
The problem is now finding a site on your server that we can change to a shared ip so he can have your dedicated ip back. We are having our supplier overnight us servers to replace this ones we have but it still would be Friday at the earliest before it could be put into a rack and the sites moved to it.

This effects both our new dual pentium servers by the way. So we are getting all new ones.

Right now we are trying to find a site on your machine that we can change to a shared ip and get your dedicated reissued so to bring back up your site....

This is one of those times when you can do everything right and something beyond your control causes big problems for everyone.

Back