mysql Server Down

arathra

Perch
Stephen, I hope you can help with this.

Since coming over to Jodo as a reseller I've put up a couple of dozen or so sites for my clients. Most of them are ASP coded and rely on a backend MySQL database for page content and so on.

Almost from day 1 here there have been annoying connection problems to the MySQL server; a minute here and a minute there when the server doesn't respond and - as a consequence - the whole site is down.

I wrote a bunch of tickets on this and have been told tweaks were made to the server but it has made no difference - all my sites are experiencing outages.

This morning it was very slow connecting with contstant problems then earlier this afternoon all my sites were offline for about 20 minutes or so. I - inevitably - had clients phone me up asking after the problem.

I wrote a ticket for this and also contacted live help and then all of a sudden, the sites came back. All well and good but now they are off again giving this error message:

MySQL said: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql1.arathra.net' (10060)

They have been off for about five minutes now.

There is obviously a problem somewhere along the line. As I say, I keep writing tickets on this but all I get in response is a vague "we're looking into this" or "we're tweaking the system" or "there's no problem now" but nothing seems to change.

What I really want to know is what the logs say - why is the server down so much and how much longer will I have to wait till this is sorted.

You can imagine my frustration here. I've had good service from Jodo so far (and your help on the forums is good) but no matter how good the ticket response is this is a MAJOR problem which needs to be sorted.

Can you tell me what is going wrong here?

Many thanks!

NB 15 minutes downtime before it came back online!

Update: off again at 15:03 UTC back at 15:13 UTC

Update: off again at 15.33 UTC

How is this going? It was working fine today but again the sites were down at 11.27 UTC but just for a minute or so - the kind of thing which was happening before the major attacks.

Back