mySQL wrongly installed?

eko

Perch
I just posted a ticket as mySQL database has the following message similar to the post at http://wordpress.org/support/3/2790

"PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]
General relation features Disabled "

Although I use another programme www.etomite.org I have a similar problem of not being able to safe "related" docvars with html content areas similar to wordpress.

The comment in the referred article explains why I can't resolve this:

"hum. . your first error is . linked .. to PMA... and is related to a bad installation of your host...

second error too.... can i suggest to change your webhost instead of kicking your head on the wall like that ?!"

Please help!

PMA Database? Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with MySQL itself, but rather with phpMyAdmin.
I have databases on 2 different JodoHost MySQL servers and they're both working as expected..

phpMyAdmin can function fine without the PMA Database, why do you need it? :)

I use etomite CMS with Docvars which need to store information of three different htmlareas at the same time. only the first one allows for enough content the other two only limited typed content. When searching for the problem I noticed that someone using wordpress was having the same issues, and I thus copied the link with the answer. It's indeed not the mySQL itself but the phpMyAdmin as installed by Jodohost.

I'm not really a MySQL guru but I'll have this checked out by a senior linux admin and let you know

Thanks, by when? As it stands it doesn't allow me to add content in a split fashion to what currently is a testsite so nothing really to worry about for the moment, but needs to be resolved to enable site to become active.

Tanmaya looked into this phpmyadmin issue
There is a possible security loophole that could be exposed by enabling this feature

Right now, we have opened a ticket with PSOFT on this issue and I'll let you know when I have an update

eko said:
Thanks, by when? As it stands it doesn't allow me to add content in a split fashion to what currently is a testsite so nothing really to worry about for the moment, but needs to be resolved to enable site to become active.
I doubt Wordpress would require a phpMyAdmin PMA database to function. If it does, then frankly it sucks :p

I'm not using wordpress but etomite with a docvars mod. The writer of the mod was very helpful in changing the code so that it now works a it should. However, this doesn't mean that it's worthwhile for Jodohost to sort out how the phpAdmin can be installed without errors and without enhancing security risks.

Back