Mysql3 still having problems

Discussion in 'Database Support' started by wotech, Mar 20, 2008.

1. wotech

wotech Perch

The post in the outages forum says it's been up for a couple minutes and it's being monitored, however it was just down for at least 10 minutes, as I keep getting calls from customers. Last check was at 1:50pm central time, and it was down. Appears to be working right now though.

Just want to make sure someone is fixing it, as I haven't seen a post in the outages forum for a while.
  2. skypanther

skypanther Exalted Code Master!

Mysql3 is still having problems today...up, down, very slow. Actually, it has been rather slow for quite some time (weeks). Unfortunately, I have a high proportion of sites using this DB server so problems hit me more than probably most. A true fix would be greatly appreciated!

Tim
  3. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

Tanmaya has done some things that may have fixed it now, we have another server in prep to do hardware replacement if needed.

I can't get into more details of what was done because some changes we did were circumvented by actions of a client and I don't want to get too detailed about that, it wasn't security just makes me a bit frustrated to see our work being undone by some people without asking first.
  4. skypanther

skypanther Exalted Code Master!

Thanks for the update Stephen. It seems to be running okay now...keeping my fingers crossed!

Tim