MySql4 Upgrade

csakach

Guppy
After attempting to install Moodle on my hosting plan, I discovered that the MySql4 server is still running version 4. Are there any plans of upgrading to version 5? Support informed me that I would have to create a new account in order to get access to version 5 which I feel is an unacceptable solution to the problem. Please advise.

MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 5.0 needs quite a bit of changes both at DB and application level that can affect quite a lot of customers.

Because of this reason currently we are not planning to upgrade these DB servers to MySQL version 5.0.

Sorry but database can not be move to another server. Only domain can moves. You have to create a new account for MY SQL 5.

To minimize the amount of work to recreate my sites, would it be possible
1. for you to backup my MS SQL database (csakach_DNN)
2. then I could delete it
3. you could move my domain to a server that supports MS SQL 2005 & MySql 5
4. I could re-run my DotNetNuke setup to create the DB and have you restore the previous backup
Let me know if this will work...thank you

To minimize the amount of work to recreate my sites, would it be possible
1. for you to backup my MS SQL database (csakach_DNN)
2. then I could delete it
3. you could move my domain to a server that supports MS SQL 2005 & MySql 5
4. I could re-run my DotNetNuke setup to create the DB and have you restore the previous backup
Let me know if this will work...thank you

MySQL or MSSQL? They are two different, but still not possible to move DB servers regardless of platform. :(

MSSQL is what I would need backed up and restored as I'm using DotNetNuke for the primary site and I really don't want to have to recreate it. But then I need MySql 5 for my Moodle install which will be a subdomain and thats where the issue lies as I don't have access to version 5 from the cluster I'm currently hosted on. So I'm not asking for you to move my db's, just to backup from the current server and restore to whatever server that would give me access to MSSQL 2005 and MySql 5.
Thanks

We can provide you backup(s) of your database. You need to send a ticket with database(s) details.

Back