Name Server Problems

YsFred4

Guppy
I have 6 domains on win1 and I am having a name server problem with one of them. ysgard.com cannot be pinged or brought up in a browser, but if you use the Instant access domain alias it works just fine. All of my other site are working fine too.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem? It looks like it started last night sometime. I have gotten 1 call and 1 instant message about not being able to get to the site or to email.

Steve

Could you double check the status of this domain with your registrar, see if they have locked it? DNS records are fine here and so are your name servers

Yash said:
very, very strange

Could you double check the status of this domain with your registrar, see if they have locked it? DNS records are fine here and so are your name servers

The domain is just fine at the register. The dns settings are:

ns1.jodoshared.com
ns2.jodoshared.com

And if you look at it with whois it shows up with all the correct information.

Our unix administrator double checked our DNS servers and there is no issue from this end. The domain simply isn't calling our DNS servers for an IP

I suggest you check this out with your domain registar and see if your domain is still active. You are pretty close to your expiration date.

Let me know what they say

This this happen all of a sudden today?

YsFred4 said:
ysgard.com cannot be pinged or brought up in a browser, but if you use the Instant access domain alias it works just fine.
For what it's worth, this domain comes up fine for me.

YsFred4 said:
It does for me now too. They recreated the dns entry on the servers.

I am having name server problems as well.

I have been told that mail has been bouncing intermitently from one of my domains all day. Mail seems to be coming through one email address but not the other and then when my friends send the mail again it works. It is really strange.

Then my website was down...but only when I typed www in front. When I typed just domain.com it was working.

I think there is a problem happening with your name servers.

Now www.domain.com is working again. It seems that there are times when the name server is not working...even though when I ping and do a tracert everything appears fine.

Yash said:
we're looking into this.
Please let us know when this is fixed. Maybe in the outages section of the forums? Some of us subscribe to that section so we get email updates. Thanks.

We don't know what the issue is

But as soon as we come to know what the issue is we'll post this in the outages section

Whenever anyone experiences a DNS outage, please open a ticket immediately with the date and time. Need more information to diagnose.

Back