nameservers not resolving

AndyLL

Perch
I really hate to do this through the forum but I cannot access port 8080 from this computer and my 1st and only customer is very unhappy.

Ticket #45191

After farther research my nameservers are not resolving:

ns1.wobbooksite.com
ns2.wobbooksite.com

This might be a stupid question but my service account: www.wobbooksite.com... should its nameservers be pointing to nsX.jodohost.com?

Andy

They can point to nsX.wobbooksite.com. You need to specify proper 'glue' for resolving to work. That is, you need to specify the IP addresses for the servers as well as the names.

You should have 2 personal IPs for the nameservers. Currently your service account seems to be pointing to nsX.jodoshared.com. I'm a little short on time to check exactly what's going on, but one thing's for sure, something is wrong with the settings:
http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=wobbooksite.com

SubSpace

I seem to have really screwed up things.

I originally created whiteoakbooksdsn.com for my service domain.

I added the child Nameservers.

Because of the typo I created a new domain wobbooksite.com

I added the child Nameservers

I did not remove the child nameservers from the 1st domain.

So now I have two domains with the same child nameserver IPs

It won't let me delete any of them.

Andy

have you put a ticket in to support from the control pannel. thats the best thing to do, as stated on the forums.

AaronHoc said:
have you put a ticket in to support from the control pannel. thats the best thing to do, as stated on the forums.

Yes... but during the day I do not have access to port 8080 so no control panel. I have to come here for help.

I did ask in the general support forum if there was another way to access support... such as through email and did not get an answer.

AaronHoc said:
you can email [email protected] if not able to access the control pannel

Actually what I've done is signup for gotomypc.com so I can access my home computer from anywhere. It cost me $180 a year but it is nice to have access to the control panel.

Andy

AndyLL said:
Actually what I've done is signup for gotomypc.com so I can access my home computer from anywhere. It cost me $180 a year but it is nice to have access to the control panel.

$180 ??
Buy a copy of Windows XP Pro and use Remote Desktop/MSTSC? :p

SubSpace said:
$180 ??
Buy a copy of Windows XP Pro and use Remote Desktop/MSTSC? :p

XP Pro would cost me $199 :)

But seriously... I like my development machine being 2000K. I really dislike XP.

I've used gotomypc for years to tele-commute from home so I decided to stick with what I know.

Plus I was able to call up my wife and have her install it so I could have access today. (I'm into instant gratification)

Andy

Hmmm, not much difference between 2K and XP really. Needless to say you turn off all the retarded graphics themes, 'Wizards', simplified file security etc. :p

Windows 2000 Server is an (expensive) option tho :)

Back