Need advice on configuration

capj

Guppy
I'm trying to consolidate and clean up a hosting arrangement and I need advice/help.

I have a domain registered with directnic and pointing to jodohost's nameservers. I have a sub-account under my reseller account with the domain as the primary. I have deleted default mx records and added custom mx records for customized Gmail, which appears to be working fine. I have custom cnames for Google Apps, which also appear to work fine.

The problem now is that I have the old website (dotnetnuke 3) at a subdomain under a different domain on a different jodohost sub-account. I'm also developing a new website (dotnetnuke 4) under yet another jodohost sub-account. I would like to forward both www.domain.com and domain.com to either the old or the new.

I've tried some cname and domain redirection stuff, but I'm getting a directory listing denied error at www.domain.com and I need to know the best way to accomplish this.

I've discovered with DNN if you have a dedicated IP on the destination account (your old DNN 3 or your new DNN 4) then you can just created an A record that will work fine. (as long as the domain aliases are setup on the DNN portal.

Back