Need Smooth Transition From Front Page

I am a small reseller, in a small community. I have about 40 local clients. I have been with Jodo Host for 7 years or so. I need a permanent hosting solution that will work for myself and my customers.

All of my customers use Front Page. I have talked to them about changing, and they are not interested. They won’t spend the money on new software, or invest the time and labor to learn it. Everything has been working exactly the way they want it. You’ve probably heard this before….

Their computers are all XP and they have been well maintained. They use me for their computer service needs, and as things look, their computers will be giving them 20 years of solid performance. They are very pleased with my work.

The bottom line is they want everything to work as it always has, and they will not play Microsoft’s upgrade game.

I want to provide them with the service they want, but, as Jodo's web servers are upgraded, I am starting to find it difficult to keep their Front Page contact forms working.

I have thought about using Dream Weaver to create all of their forms, and host them on a single domain, on a JodoHost unix platform, and then frame the forms into their Front Page websites. But how long will that last before it’s no longer supported, or forms stop working in frames, or something else?

I’ve also considered switching to a VPS, but could I keep it on Windows Server 2003 as long as I need to?

All of my customers are small businesses with small budgets. Does Jodo Host have a permanent solution that will work in this situation? Something that would be a smooth transition?

This is a bit of tricky situation you are in, we would like to have helped you as much as we can, but unfortunately Microsoft do not want to and we are bound by that.

However the best case scenario for you would be to move to a hyper-v with Plesk 100 domains, plesk has something called web presence builder which is more glorified version of frontpage, it will help to replace frontpage and is full web based editor and have lots of features it even allows social media management like facebook and twitter from it.

I guess its better to move to something like that rather then get stuck on old technologies where you run out of options, with both a consumer product (Frontpage) and soon a server OS (2003) with EOL on support.

http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/web-presence-builder/
We should be able to give you a demo/tour of this with an account next week if you want to give it a test drive.

I have a demo of the sitebuilder available now :)
PM me if you want access to try it.

Back