Need to call unmanaged code

In fact, if I think about it, even $40 VPS is not an option as it is more work for me. Only $69 SD will do. Increasing my expenses 5.5 times just for this little extra feature does not seem justified.

There is far more to SD than full trust, only a few DOMAINS on the entire server, more transfer, more space.

I understand. But right now, my only requirement is to be able to generate license codes. It does not seem justified when I can easily host an inexpensive website ($10) elsewhere to do this. I'd rather have given this little extra fee to jodohost had there been a reasonable alternative.

I understand. But right now, my only requirement is to be able to generate license codes. It does not seem justified when I can easily host an inexpensive website ($10) elsewhere to do this. I'd rather have given this little extra fee to jodohost had there been a reasonable alternative.

No there is no alternative and honestly don't see one anytime in the future as to offer a profitable shared hosting requires higher security. To put everyone at risk by allowing such code in a full shared environment would result in a lot of behind the scene problems and hacking.

sanjaysk,

I have not really thought this though, but here is an idea:

Keep your site at Jodohost and set up a web service at the other host, where you can call unmanaged code. When your Jodohost site needs a license code, get it from the web service at the other host. Based on what I have read in your posts, this would only increase your operating cost by $10. Unfortunately, based on other things I have read in your posts, it would also expose you to the reliability issues you faced at the other host.

riley

Hi Riley,

I'm sorry I couldn't post a reply as I didn't get notified of this message. What you say seems like a good idea. Reliability issue was only with email management. So I am now hosting a new web site on that other host, and I can still use it for this purpose. However, I have not programmed web services so far. Will need to learn it anyway.

Thank you for the tip.

Regards,
Sanjay

Back