.NET 2.0 Framework

I am installing a server with it tonight, this will be the win13 server, since MS released it two weeks early, it threw me off a bit on scheduling.

Great news! How do I go about adding a (sub) domain which will be on Win13? Every time I add a new domain or sub-domain on my Windows Service Account it ends up on Win8.

Thanks

BluJag said:
Great news! How do I go about adding a (sub) domain which will be on Win13? Every time I add a new domain or sub-domain on my Windows Service Account it ends up on Win8.

Thanks

your accout is assigned to a server any new domains, sub domains etc are added to that server

you would need ot have another account on win13 when its live

BluJag said:

Thanks

they can move your account to Win 13 when it opens up. Just open a ticket.

BTW, Win13 is not yet "up" and in the cluster, I was working to install it last night, and working to get it in the cluster over the weekend here.

ASP.NET v2 is a good thing to have. I look forward to using it on live sites. I also like the features on SQL Server 2005, will this be following at any time soon?

Thanks,

David.

I would not expect SQL 2005 anytime soon, as much as I like it, it does not interface with hsphere at all, and far more complex to manage for every user than ASP.NET 2.0/1.1

Ok, then that means it will be time to move most of my sites over to a dedicated somewhere, eventually. Darn!

SQL Server have Catching Invalidation and other such features that are really helpful in saving bandwidth within the network. Also has some nice things in helping out with AJAX.

Oh well .. Thanks for the info guys :) Hsphere limitations is a big ouch!

Im actually crossing my fingers, hoping that you guys do :) It'll be a little bit as I have to make some finishing touches and some more testings.

Thank you for your response!

Win13 is up. However since Win13 uses a new hardware configration, we are waiting for spares to come in. We never put a production server live without spares...

We should have .net available in 2 weeks.. around nov 15

Yash said:
Win13 is up. However since Win13 uses a new hardware configration, we are waiting for spares to come in. We never put a production server live without spares...

We should have .net available in 2 weeks.. around nov 15
Nov 15 works for me. Earlier would be better of course 8) . Just kep us posted.

No, unfortuantely that wouldn't be possible. We can only install .NET 2.0 on a fresh server due to compatibility issues.

You'd need to open another account for .NET 2.0

Back