.net 2.0 on win12?

timruns

Perch
Anyone know if .NET 2.0 is available on win12 at this time? I know at one point, some servers had it, and some didn't...
I just need to know if I need to switch servers to utilize .NET 2.0 for my site..

ASP.NET 2 supporting servers are:
Win2/win13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20

Win12 does not support ASP.NET 2.0 as well as: win7/9/10/11 not supporting asp.net 2. Ther reason is that the upgrade process causes a large amount of metabase issues with hsphere and we did not want to risk whole server downtimes when newly installed servers could have it from the start with no risk of corruption.

OK -- So, then I need to move my CP account to a new server...
I need to upgrade from DNN 3.1.1 to 4.3.5 which requires asp.net 2.0

So, here is my new question:
Would it be simpler to create a new account (on new server) and have that turned into our CP account? We are actually switching our primary url (from www.4sheep.com to www.trustedts.com).
Is it difficult on Jodo's end to change which acount is retailer CP?

Any thoughts?

It is very difficult to change your CP url, you have to remove all accounts really to do it, which makes for a lot of downtime. My preferred way to do it is much more simple.
Make a new reseller account set it up, then request us to move the accounts from one reseller account to the other then cancel the old reseller account. As long as you keep the old domains nameservers registered at your registrar they will both work without a problem.

Anything we would need to do ahead of time to make sure we don't end up getting double billed?

Also, will clients be able to use both cp.oldname.com as well as cp.newname.com?

Thanks

You could add cp.oldname.com as a redirect once you have done, but not by default.

Hey Stephen,
We went ahead and did it as you recommended, but the only problem has been the inability to move the domains/info on our old service account (4sheep.com) to our new service acct (trustedts.com) or other acct type. We have submitted tickets but that question never seems to get resolved (I am not sure the ticket number, my partner is doing that aspect).
Is it possible to get the information from the old CP acct moved over, and if so, can it be any acct type?
Thanks
Tim

We are about to get charged another month of having two accounts (I thought this was supossed to be the ewasy way?). At first, they said they could just move our cp account over as a regular acct, now they say they can't. What gives, and why are we getting double billed anyway, since it is becuase the server we were on does not support what we need to do?
Tim

Actually you are discussing two very different issues here, one is asp.net 2, that change happens pretty easily, the other was changing the service domain, that is not easy.

You setup the second account, get all the domains setup then request all the accounts from one reseller be moved to the other one, there should be no problem in this, if you can get a ticket ID I can see if there was any issue or error in moving the accounts.

Different issues, but very related. We needed our CP account on an ASP.Net 2 server, and were told we could not move it easily, we ought to create a new account and just transfer everything, if I understand your prior instruction correctly:

It is very difficult to change your CP url, you have to remove all accounts really to do it, which makes for a lot of downtime. My preferred way to do it is much more simple.
Make a new reseller account set it up, then request us to move the accounts from one reseller account to the other then cancel the old reseller account.

So,that is what we did. We created a new reseller account on a 2.0 server (trustedts.com) and began moving all the accounts voer from our old reseller acct (4sheep.com). The problem was they could not transfer the service acct over. The Ticket is EHT-42924-334. At first Prakash indicates it can be done, then he ends by saying he cannot move the particular acct and closes the ticket...

Thanks
Tim

Also, should we be getting billed for both reseller accts simultaneously, since it was because the old server could not handle asp.net 2 that we had to switch accounts?

Well we could in fact move the cp account to asp.net 2 server, that was not the issue, sorry if there was confusing there, the issues is in CHANGING the name of the service domain.

Let me check this ticket today and see it is possibly a case of trying to move it and hsphere throwing an error, but I will need to check.

Stephen,
We are still waiting for a reply to this, and now Live Chat was very unhelpful today with my partner -- and as such our secondary site is down!

www.4sheep.com -- the old service account, which you recommended we drop and recreate an ASP.NET 2.0 service acct -- is not getting transferred.

We asked that the domain be released, but they are not doing it -- we do not use it's nameservers -- we killed the acct, thinking we could toss it under our new service acct, Trusted Technical Solutions :: Home but now it isn't getting released. My partner could not take any more, so he asked me to follow up... I do have transcripts from the chat with Johnny and [FONT=&quot]Prabhakar. I just don't understnad why this is such a hassle!?

We also will need to be refunded for the time when we had two reseller accounts trying to get this straigtened out...
Thanks
Tim
[/FONT]

to clarify -- all email being sent to us via this domain is getting bounced back -- probably our most urgent gripe -- people still use this domain to email us...

A speedy resolution would be nice..

I will check this again, last I heard hsphere was conflicting and not allowing it to move. I will check once again, I will speak to billing about the extra time required for the move becuase of this and giving you a credit for it to the new account.

Thanks -- everything is effectively moved -- we just need the old account deleted so we can add the 4sheep.com url as an alias to our trustedts.com acct...
Thanks Stephen... I hope Miami is treating you well...
Tim

Ah found the issue, you have 3 accounts in the new account having a 4sheep.com stopgap domain, just remove these stopgap domains and then we can get 4sheep.com removed. These were likley artifacts of the reseller shift on these domains.

OK -- i deleted two of the stopgaps -- the 3rd, however, is tied to a dedicated IP theatre1.b97.4sheep.com -- will that cause problems?
Thanks

Back