.NET Cloud

liming

Perch
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since we are MS focused, I thought I will try here.

From the announcement list, I'm pretty intrigued with the Cloud elastic environment. Are you guys saying you will release it around June of this year or is it just a plan for now?

If you will, then is it going to offer Microsoft .NET hosting? Full trust enabled? [Edit - I ask because I see you have "Database Cloud" and "Email Cloud", so I assume the website hosting will be there too?] Is it going to have a HSphere-ish panel where I can do whatever it is that I'm doing , plus the ability to do what Amazon AWS does?

Sorry about the questions because it's just in the neck of time as we have a new site to deploy and we expect some traffic. VPS while it's good, it doesn't provide the flexibility of the cloud. Amazon AWS is an option right now, but if we can manage all sites within Jodo, it will be better.

Thanks

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since we are MS focused, I thought I will try here.

From the announcement list, I'm pretty intrigued with the Cloud elastic environment. Are you guys saying you will release it around June of this year or is it just a plan for now?

If you will, then is it going to offer Microsoft .NET hosting? Full trust enabled? [Edit - I ask because I see you have "Database Cloud" and "Email Cloud", so I assume the website hosting will be there too?] Is it going to have a HSphere-ish panel where I can do whatever it is that I'm doing , plus the ability to do what Amazon AWS does?

Sorry about the questions because it's just in the neck of time as we have a new site to deploy and we expect some traffic. VPS while it's good, it doesn't provide the flexibility of the cloud. Amazon AWS is an option right now, but if we can manage all sites within Jodo, it will be better.

Thanks

Yes we are moving all servers to clouds based instances, and if you need fully dedicated resources we can do that within hsphere too, it will be a 'server move' which would really be an instance move just of your resources, to an instance dedicated just to you.

We won't be doing any hourly billing or the likes, it will just be done as addon services to your existing accounts. Even on the shared instances it will be a benefit as we can dynamically expand CPU, RAM, and HD allocations as required by spikes in usage, or as servers go down in usage.

BTW the time frame will be more like in the upcoming days and weeks, we will email more on this soon :)

Back