Network problem - resolved

abhishek

Administrator
Staff member
We are experiencing a network problem at the moment.We are checking it and will post an update soon.

Even here on the support forums I am having cloudflare say it is down sometimes, and this server is off our network, it seems there is a very large routing issue, as some people are up. My link right now is very limited right now, but sites are working, but slow, we are checking into it fully.

Even here on the support forums I am having cloudflare say it is down sometimes, and this server is off our network, it seems there is a very large routing issue, as some people are up. My link right now is very limited right now, but sites are working, but slow, we are checking into it fully.

As soon as I got a call i logged in couple of servers from home and had no issues what so ever. But when i did a ping report on just-ping dot com i did find lot of packet loss in different location around the globle. So there was something major which was causing this for sure.

There was a widespread routing issue,that impacted multiple places, We are trying to work on getting a breakdown on exactly how it happened and where it happened. As mentioned prior in this thread (multiple times) I was unable to even access these forums sporadically from my mobile network connection, and these forums are serviced by 3rd party DNS, and at a leased server, not in any way tied to our own network.

We also noted that some of our staff(remote) were not impacted and able to connect while the office was not, the same was happening to others with some working and some not.

A graph here attached, you can see it dropped quite a bit, so the problem was widespread, but not down for all. It had a drop of well over 55% of the norms. It was already in the hours that it starts tapering off the highs, and then when restored it came back to normal levels(with a surge for a moment as mails synced)

Attachments

• graphimage09112012.png
    graphimage09112012.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 62
Back