Next month?

Norman

Guppy
:: These are my stats for this month ::
-------------------------------------

Below is your monthly uptime report June 2004

Please do not reply to this email.
For further assistance, please contact [email protected].

www.thedarkempire.org
Service: DARK EMPIRE
Outages: 9
Downtime: 5 hrs, 30 mins
Uptime: 99.22%

Hopefully next month is better :p

-Norman

I'd strongly contest those stats. What package have you taken with siteuptime. What frequency they check the servers?

Normally, most of these monitoring tools check the servers every 30 minutes. Now if they catch the server in a reboot, they'll mark it down and it would only check 30 minutes later if the server is up or down

Our Nagios internal monitoring software that monitors at a frequency of 60 seconds has this 99.51% uptime.

However, FindMyHosting.com that checks every 10 minutes (still not that accurate) has 99.446% uptime with 2 outages (not 9!!)

Anyhow, this month has been pretty bad for us due to the network issues (router failure and packet loss) we had. They were unforunately out of our control. But yes, we are looking to maintain much better uptime (100% is our aim) in July

We have made alot of structural changes to ensure that we reach that goal.

I'm getting 99.43% with aletra and I have their 5min package.

Well, nevertheless, I would still congratulate JodoHost. They have not had any major server issues, hardly any server issues in the last 2 months. I guess they are just very unlucky to have those 2 DOS attack in May followed by these few network issues they had in June.

FindMyHosting.com tells an interesting story. In 2003, you guys maintained an outstanding 99.9% uptime. Now that is for the entire year with just 7 outages. 2004 does not look too good. I really wonder where you guys went wrong because your uptime was top-class.

But anyway, I have confidence that you will be able to pull of great uptime for the remaining part of the year

Back