No Domain Registration?

Ghedini

Guppy
Hi -

I signed up with Jodohost to offer Winds as I already have a Linux reesller account with another provider.

While I have spoken a number of time with the support staff here, no one seems to be able to tell me how resellers can integrate domain registarion into thier sites.

I was told H-SPhere does not support domain reigtration.

On my other reselling account I use ENOM and it is integrated into the provisioning system.

How do Jodohost resllers do this? Do you sell the domain name first via an API and then have to manually map the domain name into the account in H-Sphere?

I dont know if Im missing something here, but a provisioning system H-Sphere that doesnt support domain regitration doesn't make any sense.

Any information on how Jodohost resellers deal with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
David Ghedini

Hsphere supports us putting in our domain reseller account and then you being able to buy from it, this doesn't suit a private label program at all :(

No we don't offer domain registrations, so it does remain private label. I said IF we offered the domain registration as well(or any hsphere provider) it would feed of the admin level at the top.

David,

I think you have to use enom API at your website so that your customer register/renew their domain. After a domain gets registered, your customer will then add that domain manually in their Hosting Control Panel.

David,

I think you have to use enom API at your website so that your customer register/renew their domain. After a domain gets registered, your customer will then add that domain manually in their Hosting Control Panel.

Hi - thank you for clarifying. My ENOM API is integrated into my billing system on my other reselling account which uses Modern Bill.

If I chose to become a Jodo Host Domain Reseller as well, are there any particular beneifts/advantages to using your API for this instead of ENOM?

Thanks again,
David Ghedini

Not really any benefit, it too would be external of the CP :(

OK - I understand what is neccessary. Do you happen to know generally what most resllers chose to do to accomodate this situation?

It seems that customer must

1.) Uses my API to Request domain and go though domain order process.

2.) Then either return or be re-rected to H-Spehere sign up process, at which time he would then enter all his billing info a second time and select the "exisitng domain" option and then enter the domain name he selected from the API order?

Thanks,
David Ghedini

Not really any benefit, it too would be external of the CP :(

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my account today.

This type of account would be more approrpriate (I think) to a web designer or somone who just wnated to host accounts for freinds and family.

The inability of your version of H-Sphere to handle domain registration made this account unasable for me for commercial purposes.

This is truly unfortunate as you offer good packages and I have invested money and, more importanatly, a good amount of time in learning your system.

Thanks,
David Ghedini

Back