No PHP email scripts will work on this site

I have tried 3 PHP email scripts for a form on this site http://www.coloradospringsdeckcontractors.com and none will work. The form goes to the thank you page, but no email no matter what settings I've tried.

I sent an email to the address the form is set to go to and got it fine. SO the email address is fine.

I have used these scripts on other sites just fine. SO is there something going on with this server?

Any help will be much appreciated.

We request you to open support ticket with the mail script location, so that we can check it and let you know. We can also provide you sample mail script.

I have and we've made no progress. You've said I have to use SMTP, then you said that is not required. I have spent the last 24 hours reading on line about PHP form processors and what everyone has said that if this and other PHP form scripts are not working then the server is not set up for PHP mail. Please make whatever changes are needed to make this happen.

Is Stephen available?

I have always used SMTP authentication when using mail scripts. If a script doesn't have options for setting up the following, it doesn't get used.
  • enable SMTP authentication
  • SMTP server name
  • SMTP port
  • SMTP user name
  • SMTP password
  • recipient email address
  • sender email address
Strictly speaking the last one isn't required, but I prefer that it is fixed. Don't forget that on Jodo mail servers, the user name is the same as the full email address ([email protected]) and not just the part that precedes the '@' symbol. - this seem to catch a lot of people out.

Using nzkiwi's suggestion and jodos alternate SMTP Port has always worked for me as well. PHPMailer is also definitely worth having a look at

I have and we've made no progress. You've said I have to use SMTP, then you said that is not required. I have spent the last 24 hours reading on line about PHP form processors and what everyone has said that if this and other PHP form scripts are not working then the server is not set up for PHP mail. Please make whatever changes are needed to make this happen.

Is Stephen available?
SMTP is suggested, as non SMTP auth is very likely to never make it to the destination.

phpmailer is the way to go, and very easy to configure.

Back