Only problems since i signed up.

Dave96

Perch
Hey,
I finally decided to sign up for my reseller account yesterday and I have add only problems to deal with since the minute i signed up.

I can't create my instant alias for my DNS zone because it 'already exists'. I told my problem to the support team 10 minutes after my signup and since then there has been no fix. I keep getting different answers from different people...

One guy told me it happens rarely on new reseller acount another told me its a win9 issue...

I think the best bet would be for me to sign up from scratch but they don't think so.

Support, please check the status of these tickets
ZWP-77729-213 - first ticket
ABG-49224-488 - second ticket

Dave please be patient. Setting up a hsphere reseller account can be complicated at times but Support will eventually help you get everything up and running.

I believe your problem was referred back to PSOFT. Their team normally responds within 5 to 6 hours and support should have your DNS issue resolved by then

I've waited 5-6 hours. Ranjan told me that it would take 30 minutes for them to answer, i was sure he was lieing since I know psoft is very slow. Tanmaya proposed that I sign up from scratch and you would readjust my billing. I think that's the best solution.

None of our staff lies. PSOFT does respond quickly at times.

Tanmaya suggested you may resignup if you want to, but that was after you insisted a few times in your ticket.

My suggestion is you wait for PSOFT to resolve the issue. However if you want to resignup, go ahead and do it. Billing will close your old account and credit your new one

Hey Dave96, I just signed up yesterday too and was having the same issue, but trust me, HSphere is a tricky beast. I've been using it for over 2 years now at another host, and it has it's issues from time to time. Eventually the instant alias setting I was trying to put in showed up. They were saying they were not taking effect, but they were. I'd suggest giving it several hours, then checking the instant alias list to see if they're there.

Just my two cents. :)

adding the alias and waiting doesn't to anything.

Support, did psoft contact you already?? If so why is the issue so severe?

Typically when issues take this long it is database, but I am not sure today, as we found out they are closed for Victory Day, which we did not realize :(

So in that case i should expect (hopefully) to get my issue resolved tomorrow?? Your saying there's a problem in the database affecting only my account?

We sometimes get what are called "ghost entries" in the database that hang and do not show up, but do not allow a new field/table/entry with the same name either. Sometimes a simple CP/PostgresSQL restart will fix this, and sometimes it will not, this is a case where it will not.

Dave, did you have a trial acount or non hosting account first?
I had a similar problem when I upgraded to a hosting account, but support cured it immediately.
Hang in there, as getting to grips with the CP and setting up your hosting account is complex, but hey that means you will have loads of features to use later!!

Enjoy,

Nathan

No Nathan, it was a sign up from scratch. I know they'll fix it, I've been on the forums for a while before finally registering.

Hey Stephen, is that CP maintenance schedueled to fix the DNS issues my CP is encountering or does it have nothing to do?

Did PSOFT contact you about my issue yet?

Back