osCommerce Upgrade

The upgrade feature in the hshere control panel seems to be a little buggy. It duplicates configuration settings, apparently in the database. Does anyone know how to successfully upgrade osCommerce on JodoHost's network?

?(

jhunnicut said:
The upgrade feature in the hshere control panel seems to be a little buggy. It duplicates configuration settings, apparently in the database. Does anyone know how to successfully upgrade osCommerce on JodoHost's network?

?(

A client of mine is having problems with this as well. And there are not any modules installed (i.e., payment modules like php/authorize.net/etc). Anyone know what's the word with this?

The upgrade feature in the hshere control panel seems to be a little buggy
Did you recently installed OScommerce? If yes, then the upgrade feature is not for you and can create duplicate entries.

there are not any modules installed (i.e., payment modules like php/authorize.net/etc)

I just installed OScommerce on a test site (on a winbox) and installed paypal from admin interface. It worked fine for me.

Thanks, Tanmaya. I did recently install osCommerce. Does that mean I already have the latest non-beta version (v 2.2)?

If so, I would like to make to UI recommendations. First, if we don't need the upgrade, remove the upgrade icon. Second, make the version number visible on the h-sphere control panel under osCommerce.

It may also be prudent to update the help screens at:
http://www.jodohost.com/hsphere/html/ecommerce.html#oscommerce

- jim... :)

Jim, we will submit the ideas to psoft about the version number and upgrade icons.

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 release date is july 12 2003 and it is the latest version (except CVS). Upgrade is only for people running osc 2.1 as i know.

Back