Parent Include Paths

coreo

Guppy
In ASP, I am getting an error message:

The Include file '../include/include.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate
the parent directory.

I've looked up the problem and apparently it is a setting in IIS. I found the following advice:

This is to do with the 'Enable parent paths' option not
selected. This can be found out by:
Launching Internet Information Services Manager
Right clicking either Default Web Site or on the virtual
directory
In the website properties click the Virtual Directory tab
Click configuration under the Application Settings section
Click App Options and check the 'Enable parent paths'
tickbox (see screen shot below).

So it this something JodoHost have done on purpose? Or can it be enabled?

Thanks,
Cameron.

We have to manually activate parent paths
which domain would you like it enabled on. If you'd like this to be private, submit a ticket

Why not default active: Parent Include Paths

Why can't you default it to use parenth paths, what's the problem, especially if so many other hosts don't seem to bother and have it active?

No problem at all, its just that HSphere doesn't set that up on default. All you have to do is submit a ticket and will have it turned on ASAP.

I'll see if we can somehow have this turned on by default

From an administration point of view, one would think parent paths would be turned on by default, since it appears to get turned on manually by anyone who asks for it (or asks why it doesn't work after spending time trying to use them). And those that don't ask for it obviously are not using it anyway.

Oops. Sorry. Yash responded with the reason it's not on while I was typing out my previous response.

I'll have that put on our signup page as well as send out an email to existing customers. That's a valid point you brought up and we wouldn;t want customers to waste their time experimenting

Yash said:
I'll have that put on our signup page as well as send out an email to existing customers. That's a valid point you brought up and we wouldn;t want customers to waste their time experimenting

It would indeed be very helpful if you either manage to have it turned on as default, or give users an option to turn it on themselves rather than through the support ticket system, which I believe should be used for 'trouble' rather than routine stuff.

Back