payment gateways?

What payment gateways to people use round here?
Looking around, it seems that paypal is probably the cheapest. But i dont like the way that customers have to register with them and your taken to a paypal page etc.

How much is worldpay?

Thanks for any info

2checkout is an option as well, a bit like paypal but no registration required for user, and it is easier IMO, to use a credit card with them than with paypal.

WebGuy said:
You can purchase with PayPal without a registration. Am I wrong?

Nope, you are right! A while back they required you to register, but now it is optional. They made the change to 'optional' more than a year ago I believe.

Read https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing-outside

Small snippet from the page:

"PayPal has optimized the checkout experience with an exciting improvement to our payment flow.*

For new buyers, signing up for a PayPal account is now optional. This means your customers can complete their payments first, and then decide whether to save their information in a PayPal account for future purchases. The checkout is more convenient, resulting in more completed sales and satisfied customers."

Stephen said:
nice, but would one want to do that to pay their hosting bill each month?

Very good point. Guess as a host you'd want to strongly advise signups to let PayPal save their info if they want to 'guarantee' uninterrupted service.

Back