Persits Object Error

Nathan

Perch
I've been using the asp Persits Object on Win5 for about a year now. (Most of my site depends on it.) This morning, any pages that reference the object, get the following error:

Persits.Upload.1 error '800a0028'

This feature has been disabled by system administrator.

/webcams/index.asp, line 39

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Nathan

PS support ticket opened.

Early this morning, I put a ticket in about this, but as yet no response. My site is crippled without the Persits Object.

Nathan

Yash, I've been using Upload for about a year now with no problems. Are you saying I now have to go through all my code and change to virtrual save? Is that the only change I will have to make?

Thanks

Nathan

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload")

Set Dir = Upload.Directory( Server.MapPath("\webcams\jetty_pics")& "\*.*", SORTBY_CREATIONTIME, false)

The above seems to be the code that is now not permitted. I cannot seem to find a solution around this. So its a real bugger. I've been using it for about a year without any problems and my site is down until I find an alternative solution. ?(

Nathan

Nathan,

First I am very sorry about this, but someone's app was being abused and fiels were going places they should not, so I had to disabled these, and they were actualyl supposed to have been disabled a long time ago, it seems an upgrade made them revery to install defaults.

SaveVirtual is the command that needs to be used instead of Upload, from looking at their samples.

Nathan, not sure if this'll help but you could try using straighforward asp.net upload code, which is what I use for allowing people to upload photos to my site.

If you want the code for how to do this let me know.

Rob

Rob, sorry for the delay and thanks for your kind offer. Yes I think I will need your help! Last winter I programmed a complex system so that my site users could upload their holiday snaps to the server. This system used the persits.upload object. I also used the object to help sort my webcam pictures (into to chronalogical order). Month of programming now down the drain!

if you can suggest another system i can use to let my members upload pics to the gallery, then I would be VERY greatful.
Sadly, all this has come at my busiest time (Summer holidays) so i have very little time to spend on tweeking code.

Yammas

Nathan
Corfu, Greece
www.agni.gr

Using File.SaveAsVirtual instead shouldn't be that hard to implement, and it saves you from rewriting the whole app.

Just look for File.Save or File.SaveAs and that's where the changes are needed.

Sorry I thought the whole upload object had been disabled. That is great news, but I am having problems using savevirtual:

Upload.OverwriteFiles = False
Upload.SetMaxSize 2000000, True

On Error Resume Next

Count = Upload.SaveAsVirtual("\gallery\uploaded\test.jpg")

When I try the above code, I get a
"Object doesn't support this property or method" error.

Any help you can offer would be very welcome.

Nathan

It stops at the end of this code:

Upload.OverwriteFiles = False
Upload.SetMaxSize 2000000, True
Upload.SaveAsVirtual("\gallery\your holiday snaps\uploaded\test.jpg")

The error message is:

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'SaveAsVirtual'

I really appreciate you time and help on this. Thanks

Nathan

ooooohhh,I think I have it working. I see I need to first save to memory, then save to disk. Now i can use the savevirtual method. Thanks mate.

Yammas

Nathan

Back