Php 5.3

One of my clients is asking for PHP version 5.3, but I noticed the server only goes up to 5.2.14. Is it possible to get 5.3 installed or are there any plans to offer it? Thanks.

Linux or windows? Neither have now, but wanting to know which platform they are on, we may be able to do some workaround.

I have a windows reseller account.
you have both windows and linux :D

but ok on windows. I've been meaning to do something here with experimenting for a while, I will make an effort to have an answer for you by Thursday, if you don't see a reply before then PLEASE bump this. I WILL have something before the weekend. I am very busy and sometimes things slip my mind :)

We are working on options for how to do this best, and will work to have options by weekend.

I had a few distractions and obstacles to clear the way for this this weekend, but it is set now, and will be in Hsphere by tonight.

I had a few distractions and obstacles to clear the way for this this weekend, but it is set now, and will be in Hsphere by tonight.

Hi Stephen,

Could you possibly expound on this a little please. Are you saying we now have access to PHP 5.3? How do we get to it?

I haven't opened it just yet, using it for testbed of some issues related to security (see customer only) but will be available soon with a server move yes!

I've opened this server now, we can move people needing 5.3 it is on Windows 2003 with php 5.3 and allows user INI files with the name .user.ini instead of php.ini like prior.

We will move you ON TICKET REQUEST.

I just asked support about 5.2.4 on Linux and they said not available with no timeframe. That means that Wordpress can't be run. Bummer.

Sorry for the miscommunication.We thought you were asking about PHP 5.3.
We have PHP 5.2.14 version available on all Linux servers.PHP 5.2.14 version is greater than PHP 5.2.4 version.You can run Wordpress in a efficient way with this PHP version.

Sorry for the miscommunication.We thought you were asking about PHP 5.3.
We have PHP 5.2.14 version available on all Linux servers.PHP 5.2.14 version is greater than PHP 5.2.4 version.You can run Wordpress in a efficient way with this PHP version.

I deleted my message because of the miscommunication. I was confused too thinking about which one was "greater" 5.2.14 or 5.2.4. I deleted the message because I would not want to put Jodohost in a bad light due to my part of the misunderstanding. I am overall extremely happy here.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Mark

Back