PHP Application Errors on Win27?

liming

Perch
Not sure if this is a server issue or just mine, but there might be a problem installing certain PHP Applications on Win27.

Today I tried to install Wordpress on it, and I kept getting this error:

Code:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I initially thought it was a php error and I submitted a ticket, but apparent php was working fine.

So I searched around and I found this solution:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/131976

And it appears that this is a common problem when trying to install wordpress in an IIS environment (and apparent it's only on newer/faster servers?)

Because I've never had problems installing it on Win2.

Anyway, using the above solution I was able to install Wordpress.

ETA: Just wanted to say that Wordpress might also be at fault.

I got this error when installing the most recent release 2.3.2 on IIS. However I didn't get this error when I installed in on the Linux servers.

However, when I went back and installed the previous version (2.3.1) on IIS, there was no error. So it might be a mix of both.

Anyway thought this might help someone :)

I had the exact same error using Wordpress on a different IIS/Win server. I contacted support and although I am not sure what they did exactly they were able to correct the problem and I was able to then run the latest version of Wordpress.

Just FYI, I've just installed the latest WP (v2.3) and encountered the same problem, on Win7. Just filed a ticket, hopefully that will fix it.

Just FYI, I've just installed the latest WP (v2.3) and encountered the same problem, on Win7. Just filed a ticket, hopefully that will fix it.
I guess I replied your ticket. For others trying to install Wordpress 2.3.3 on Windows hosting accounts, they should install Wordpress 2.3.1 and upgrade to 2.3.3 from there.

Thanks Tanmaya, yep that did the trick.

I must say, WP might take "5 minutes" to install as they say, but it then takes a couple of days to debug. As soon as I wanted to use a new feature of it, I had to look up how others got it to work without problems.

I highly recommend to everyone, change the default page editor from TinyMCE (which is lacking in features) to FCKEdit. The plugin can be found here:
http://www.deanlee.cn/wordpress/fckeditor-for-wordpress-plugin/

Back