PHP from a html page on Windows

Hi

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to have a page saved with a .html extension run php scripts while hosted on windows?

I know this is easy using a .htaccess file on linux, but is there any way to do this on windows?

Thanks

Kevin

HiStephen

Many thanks for that - I'll keep that in mind.

I am asking because I have php based site with most pages using the .html type but it is on linux and I am contemplating moving it over to windows as I would prefer to standardise on windows rather than linux. There however are not that many pages in the site so it may just be easier to rename them all with a php extension

Thanks

Kevin

about the process of creating a html signature. is it possible to have a gif/jpg in the sig without using a url? stupid, I know, but ppl just cant get away from the outlook way

about the process of creating a html signature. is it possible to have a gif/jpg in the sig without using a url? stupid, I know, but ppl just cant get away from the outlook way

You have to use bbcode, not html.

However this topic is about something different :)

HiStephen

Many thanks for that - I'll keep that in mind.

I am asking because I have php based site with most pages using the .html type but it is on linux and I am contemplating moving it over to windows as I would prefer to standardise on windows rather than linux. There however are not that many pages in the site so it may just be easier to rename them all with a php extension

Thanks

Kevin

If you have a reseller account, I'd not worry about standardizing, the php runs better on linux :)

Back