PHP Mail - SMTP Auth

zardiw

Perch
Anybody how to do this? Using the regular php mail() function. This used to work if you were just emailing to your own domain.....z

It is best IMO to use either PEAR or the phpmailer class, these work well, and SMTP auth can't really work without them. you can attempt to use localhost to send, but it won't be using smtp auth, the auth requires the added support given by either phpmailer class, or PEAR.

Thanks Stephen........but the regular php mail used to work.......I'm only sending emails from/to the same domain. Now it mails with no errors, but the emails never arrive......Has something changed so we can no longer use that, and need to use PHP Mailer instead?.........z

Actually, the php regular mail() function worked only a few weeks ago........but apparently no longer does..........EMails never arrive.......and there is no indication of an error.......
z

Stephen - Can we assume that PHP Mailer and PEAR are installed on all servers that support PHP (both windows and Linux)?

I'm fairly new to PHP, so I'm learning as I go. Which do you recommend? Which is most secure in preventing exploitation from a hacker? (Assuming that I include necessary security like a Captcha)

There is not any issue with the script. It is working fine. The SMTP access is disabled for the domain due to multiple spamming complain last week. We have also sent the notification for the same at your official email id "HBrost@**************.com" but we haven't received any reply from your side. We have also replied your ticket, please check the same.

Back