PHP on win2 not working

The PHP pages on my sites are not working. Please have someone check this out. I have submitted a ticket as well, but lately they have had a tendency to get "lost" or take many hours to reply.

I had a copy of php.ini I have previously made. Made it active again and it brought php back, I will be speaking with the other admins to see if one of them might have made change to it.

I had requested to have the gd libraries installed. That would have required access to the php.ini, so maybe they broke it then. Especially since the pages stopped working right about the time they told me they had finished installing them.

Oh, that may be the case, I will need to check, and if GD needs to be isntalled I will do it, however gd 2.0 is a built in function now in PHP, you should be good to go.

I know they SHOULD have been installed, but the GD libraries did not show up when I did an "echo phpinfo()" thing. They are showing up now, however. I believe this was just another setting overlooked when win2 was brought back up after the crash.

Just for any other programmer/devlopers benefit here it is from phpinfo()

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.23 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Oh, I am sorry sorry for this. The admin that modified the php.ini should have double-checked that PHP was running. I'll be sending out an email regarding this so it doesn't happen in the future

What he did was enabled the gd library by uncommenting it under extensions, assuming that the extensions directory was setup correctly. It was not so PHP stopped executing.

Sorry again.

Back