PHP question

refugee

Guppy
1. Do you allow custom php.ini files and extensions under the domains?

I would normally upload the php.ini file to the domain, with any extension dll I needed to switch on such as IMAP.

2. Do the billiable accounts listed on the hsphere plans include my admin and service domain or are they 15 client accounts (17 in reality)?

3. What are your rules on deleting or censoring posts by members? Be honest please as nothing annoys me more than having a post deleted when it is uncalled for.

4. What are you guidelines for legitimate business mailing lists (not spam), such as community newsletters, business to business emails etc.

5. I see a 1 month, 1 month free offer. Does this mean if I buy 6 months in advance I get 12 months of hosting?

6. Is MSSQL and MYSQL available to me under HSphere and what versions are you running

Thanks
A possible refugee from another host X(

1) Yes we do
2) It includes all hsphere accounts
3) We delete posts only if they are spam, repetitive or abusive/racist.. Repetitive i.e. there is already a similar discussion going on
4) it must be a solicited and up-to-date list. You must also email/fax us a mass-mailing permission form for your account before you or your customers can begin any sort of mass-mailing
5) No.. if you signup for ValueHost or above, you'll get 2 free months... It only applies once and the scheme is expiring *VERY* soon.. So you better hurry
6) Yes both MSSQL and MySQL are available. We are running SQL Server 2000 Standard and MySQL 4.x (need to confirm exact version)

We are looking forward to serve you...

What number do you consider to be mass mailing?

Mine and a couple of clients I have typically have about 100 -300 people on the list. They are double opt in.

That's not too bad I suppose.

Any other FAQ's that you could post here for me to save me asking the same questions as the others? Probably the same ones that all the other RC refugees have been asking you.

That is about it..

The mass-mailing restriction is nothing to worry about really. I can be easily removed and its there to protect all our customers against the sort of issues that can result from blacklisting

Back