phplist - batch sending vs all at once, and account limits

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
I'm setting up phplist and see two options for mailing: batched or all at once. If I choose batched, it looks like I have to keep the browser window open till the mailing completes. If I choose all at once, I can close the browser window and phplist keeps sending "in the background."

So, my question is, at what point does this cause problems here? I mean, if I have a list of a couple hundred addresses, is an all at once mailing going to overload the server, exceed my account limits, trigger alerts, whatever?

The list is for a professional association who wants to send messages to their members a couple of times a week.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tanmaya,

This is the site you've been helping me with on those announce only mailing lists. We're giving phplist a try as an alternative. So, they have 8 or so mailing lists. The largest with roughly 250 addresses, the rest in the 80-120 range. There would be one or two mailings per week to each list along with one or so a month to all 8 lists (one mass-mailing). Worst case, around 1500 addresses.

Tim

Ok, it looks fine to me.
Let me know if they see a problem in this new setup.

Back