Plan configuration

del1

Guppy
Dear Sirs,

Thanks for creating the sample Plan for my first customer :)

I have some questions:

• I want that my plan have unlimited Domain Aliases and unlimited Mail Domain Aliases, how should I do this? leave the max field empty or how?
  • I am a bit confused about the difference between "MS SQL Database User" and "MS SQL Login". What's the difference? This confusion is emphasized by the fact that you have configured MSSQL with 1 database & no DB user, but mysql is configured with 0 databases and 1 mysql user
  • What's the difference between "Credit limit" (whose value is 5 in the plan you created), but the monthly cost of the actual account was set to 6.95. What's the difference?
  • In the second step of the plan wizard, I can set the amount that the customer is going to pay if he exceeds his quota- However, I do not want that he exceed his quota, How can I do this? leaving the field as blank?
  • Also in the second step there is a section called "quota". In that section there is a textbox for the "monthly" cost and the extra cost per unit. What is the exact difference between the two values? I do not want that the users exceed its resources since they are going to pay me by check
  • Is it possible to rename a Plan? If so, how?
  • Where can I find more information about this text that appear in the "access" section of the CP: "If no boxes are checked, full access to this plan is granted"

Thanks in advance

1) Yes, leave the the max field and pricing field emtpy for that feature
2) DB users are the number of users that can access a database. Each DB user (in MSSQL) requires a MS SQL login. I could be wrong because I'm not well versed with MSSQL. But I'll ask our db admin and tell you. Our configuration allows unlimited logins and users.
3) How do you have access to our plans? :) Credit basically allows customers to buy additional features without paying immediately. Once their debt exceeds the credit limit, they can't add new features unless they pay. You can also configure HSphere to warn/suspend customers who have exceeded their credit
4) What you are looking for is a hard limit. if you leave that field blank, customers could buy additional resources for free. So don't do that! Instead, once you have created the plan, click the settings button next to the plan name. It would allow you to set a hard limit for resources. You can even create billing periods from there
5) There are two types of overage charges. Once is when the customer buys say a certain amount of resources themselves over the limit and the other when the customer exceeds resource limits during account operation. Normally resellers would set higher prices for overages during account operation to encourage customers to buy resources in bulk, in advance. You can of course prevent customers from buying additional resources altogether by setting hard limits.
6) You can rename a plan by clicking on settings
7) I didn't understand

Hi Yash,

Thanks for your answers

Yash said:
1) Yes, leave the the max field and pricing field emtpy for that feature
Ok

Yash said:
2) DB users are the number of users that can access a database. Each DB user (in MSSQL) requires a MS SQL login. I could be wrong because I'm not well versed with MSSQL. But I'll ask our db admin and tell you. Our configuration allows unlimited logins and users.
I want to configure the plan so the customer can have 1 MSSQL DB, 1 MYSQL DB, 1 PGSQL DB. What values should have:
  • MS SQL Login, MS SQL Database and MS SQL Database User
  • MySQL Database , MySQL User
  • PGSQL Database , PGSQL User

These fields can be confusing. For example, if I put 1 in the "MS SQL Database" field and leave both "MS SQL Login" and "MS SQL Database user" blank (as you did): What will happen? The DB will be created and the customer will not be able to login? (the same question is valid for MYSQL and PGSQL)

Yash said:
3) How do you have access to our plans? :)
I do not have access :p , just Mr Atul did me a favor regarding my first plan.

Yash said:
Credit basically allows customers to buy additional features without paying immediately. Once their debt exceeds the credit limit, they can't add new features unless they pay. You can also configure HSphere to warn/suspend customers who have exceeded their credit
Sir, I am still confused here :( The current value for "credit limit" is 5. What does that number mean? It does not seem to be a dollar amount, then what exactly is it?

Yash said:
4) What you are looking for is a hard limit. if you leave that field blank, customers could buy additional resources for free. So don't do that! Instead, once you have created the plan, click the settings button next to the plan name. It would allow you to set a hard limit for resources. You can even create billing periods from there

Ok, thanks! :)

Yash said:
5) There are two types of overage charges. Once is when the customer buys say a certain amount of resources themselves over the limit and the other when the customer exceeds resource limits during account operation. Normally resellers would set higher prices for overages during account operation to encourage customers to buy resources in bulk, in advance. You can of course prevent customers from buying additional resources altogether by setting hard limits.
Ok. What I understand is that "Monthly" refers to the regular price the customer will have to pay for more resources. But "Extra" is the cost that he will have to pay if the exceeds all the resources he has purchased (free+monthly). Right?

Yash said:
6) You can rename a plan by clicking on settings
Done. Thanks!

Yash said:
7) I didn't understand
There is a small icon with a key that says "access" that is located next to the plan name. When you click there, you get to a page that has some checkboxes and the message "If no boxes are checked, full access to this plan is granted". What does this mean?

Thanks for your answers. I have additional question:

I have set only the base prices using the Plan creation wizard. My customer is going to pay in advance for a full year and he does not have CC or paypal. He only pay by check. How can I avoid that he be controlled by the month?. That is, I want that he won't be disturbed with messages about the biling period for one full year. How do I do that?

Thanks Yash

P.S. I just have one hour before creating my customer's account. Please, help me with this quickly if you can :rolleyes:

1) MS SQL, PG SQL and MySQL databases should be 1. Rest should leave empty
2) The current credit limit of 5 means that customers can purchase $5 of additional resources without paying immediately. If you ever used a credit card, it's like that
3) No monthly and extra are technically the same thing. But, if the customer purchases additional resources before he actually exceeds them, the monthly rates apply. But if the customer actually exceeds the resources available to him during account operation, he'll be charged the extra rates
4) From settings, create a billing period of 1 Year. Now during the plan signup wizard, you'll get a choice of billing periods. Select one year

Back