Please disable reseller auto-suspension!

Dave96

Perch
I wake up this morning with my reseller suspended including over 30 of client's accounts. One of my customers contacted you guys through the acceleratebiz website in order to get his account reinstated.

The suspension notice said that there was a problem with the upstream provider, so now when I'm gonna tell them that were changing datacenter they will go nuts!

I honestly think that suspending resellers because they are overdue is stupid.

I pay my fees once a month and this month I got a couple of yearly signups which gave me a balcance of 30 or so dollars. I was expecting to pay those fees on my cycle renewal, as I always do.

So yea... I say no to reseller auto-suspension... Imagine, your datacenter unlugged all your servers because of being overdue...

Dave96,

I agree with you and hate to do it. However when we had 300-350 resellers, it was easy for us to manage it manually. We have two people dedicated to Billing issues. They would send send out reminders manually and follow up with responses.

Now, when our customers base has increased so much, it is next to impossible to manage billing manually. We depend on H-Sphere on payment reminders. Account get suspened, I think in 12 or 15 days after it was due. However H-Sphere sends out many automated reminders before suspension.

Billing reads all responses received. At the end of each day, 7 days, all Billing issues are answered. In some cases we get requests not to suspend an account as credit card not renewed, wait for enough money in card etc. We do consider such requests on case by case basis and make manual adjustment so that reseller account do not get suspended.

Best way for you would be to use credit card so that it is charged when your fee is due. This will ensure uninterrupted services. Only one thing here to watch, change credit card info when you get new one. Also reply to payment reminders if there is any issue.

To sum it up, it is really impossible for us to manage Billing manually.

Dave96, the system WILL NOT suspend account automatically when its due. It will wait for 2 weeks and continually email you about the pending balance.

If you cannot pay immediately, please email billing and we'll give you an extension. As Atul said, we allow Hsphere to automate this for us. If we were to do it manually, it would require a good deal of human effort from our part.

However i'll discuss this with Atul and the billing team and see if we can extend the grace period or put in some sort of phone notification

How about incresing the credit limit on reseller accounts? Maybe after 3 or 6 months of seeing that we are reliable payers? $10 credit on the ValueHost is only 2 annual signups (CP license fee) or the anon support fee and easy to be looked over.

Thanks
Greg

Greg,

We do have credit limit setup in each of the reseller and shared plan. Amount of this credit increases from lower to higher plan. It is available from day one.

If you are reselling web hosting you have to be making money. Just set it up to have it charged to your credit card. 14 days is more than enough. Just my 2 cents.

Atul, I am very sorry to tell you but I HAVE NOTE RECEIVED ANY WARNING...

I wouldn't have opened this thread if I did. I'm not dumb enough to let my account get suspended if I get a warning about it...

As for setting it up on a credit card, I prefer not since I receive most of my payments through PayPal, therefore I use the credit on that.

I wasn't even passed my billing cycle... My cycle starts on the 7th of each month and my account got suspened on the 26th of this month...

Dave,

The notices have been going to the bell (you know) address.

Hsphere does not reply on the billing date, but the amount over the credit limit the account has gone.

Dave96, account suspension is based on debt, not billing cycle. I have seen your billing and I can understand why it was suspended on 26.

I had 30$ due? So what, these fees got there about 3 days ago because I got 2 or 3 yearly signups (3x6$) plus a couple other.

And I know I check that address everyday, but have not received any sort of warning...

For Hsphere a debt is a debt, irrespective of amount it is. There was some amount due from your earlier billing period.

Ya, about 10$.

But still, I would have paid it IF I had received a warning. Make sure your suspension system is setup correctly...

**EDIT**

I didn't even receive a "Your account has been suspended" email... I would have never known unless one of my customer would have advised me...

Dave,

I apologize for this. We have removed auto suspension. We are investigating why automatic email warning is not received by you.

Dave, can u check MX record of preferred name servers of domain in your email ID. We use this email ID in your reseller account for sending reminders and other mails. There is no MX record entry.

Atul,

It is my ISP's email address and it has been working fine since I got it. I send/receive mail from this address everyday without issues.

OK, I see what has happened. You can correct email ID (.ca) in contact details but in Billing details you have (.net) and .net do not have any MX record.

It appears that you entered wrong email ID (.net instead of .ca) under billing details. Please correct it. That is where all billing reminders were sent and did not reach you.

Oh I see, how come contact is correct and not billing, very odd.

Anyways, I have changed my email to a gmail account...

While investigating we found many return emails from your ID. We then investigated and found what was wrong.

Back