Pointing domain to correct folder

Nathan

Perch
Greetings from Corfu, Greece, I have just moved to Jodohost (from GH!) Looking forward to having a reliable trouble-free web host!

I have altered my DNS settings, and added the domain in my control pannel, but how do I point them specific folders to draw their web content? Must be something obvious I have missed.
Thanks

Nathan
www.agni.gr

Hi

When you point your domain to our name servers, the name servers will automatically direct your website to the correct server and directory. The directory is the domain directory in your FTP account. Upload your files there

Thanks Yash. Yes I see the folders have been automatically created.

I am having problems adding my other domains though. I Use Godaddy.com to manage my domains, and have already asked them to change the dns settings to you, but I cannot see how to add the domains - sorry to be such a newbie, but I have searched all the user documentation and tried!

Thanks.

Nathan

Hi

You mean add domains to the control panel? Just click on any domain and then click the "Add Domain" link at the bottom of the domain summary page

Thanks Yash, but I get the following 4 options to choose from:

Other Domain Name Registration & Transfer
Third Level Domain Name Registration
Stopgap domain registration
Domain parking

I assume I need the 'Other Domain Name Registration & Transfer' option, but when I try to enter my domain (agni-travel.com) , it says:
"Failed to add Domain agni-travel.com
Zone agni-travel.com has been taken."

What am I doing wrong? Sorry to be such a pian.

Cheers I owe you a beer (already!)

Thanks Nathan

Hi

That means you have already added that domain to your control panel. Just upload your files to it's domain folder.

If you want to add additional domains, then use that procedure

Thanks Yash, I have had no problem adding my other domains, but always get an error when I try to add agni-travel.com - and the folder is not in my ftp . I think it is because I originally signed up for a trial account (username:taverna) and I used that domain to register.
Could you sort it out, or should I make a support ticket.

Otherwise, am loving t features of the control panel.

Cheers

Nathan

I had all of my domains working, but tried to add a shared SSL to my main domain: www.agnitravel.com

Got into a muddle, and have since disabled it. Now, when I try my main domain, I get an "Under Construction page". I cannot see where it is pulling that page from. How do I now point the domain back to its correct folder for pulling the web content?
Thanks

Sorry to be such a newbie!

Nathan

I have two domain that need to point to the same fold for their html content;
www.agni-travel.com
www.agnitravel.com

Having read the control pannel help files, I realise that I need to make a 'Domain Alias' In which one do I make the alias, if the folder that contains the files is agnitravel.com ?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Nathan

Firstly, regarding your Shared SSL issue. You did not assign a dedicated IP. I went in and assigned a ded IP to agnitravel.com

What i recommend you do now is delete agni-travel.com and add it as a domain alias to agnitravel.com

Thanks Yash. That helps.
I have removed the domain, from the control panel and added it as an alias to my main domain. When adding it, I selected the option to make a 'New Mail Domain Alias'. Now when I view my main domain email details, the alias is listed, but how do I add email accounts for this domain?

Thanks

Nathan

Thanks Yash, but what about email aliases (Spelling!)

If I want to create a mail box for one of the aliases (not the main domain), I cannot select it from the dropdown list.

Unless of course, a mail box say:
[email protected]
will also catach those sent to:
[email protected]
I cannot test this until my dns settings have propergated.

Nathan

Yash, sorry - I am still a little confused. The user guide for the control panel concerning domain aliasing suggests adding the domain as normal via the control panel and then adding it as a an alias to the domain with the files, where as you suggest deleting the domain and just adding it as an alias.

Domain Aliasing

Domain aliasing, or domain stacking, is creating additional domain names that would point to the IP of a different domain.

Register the alias, exactly as you register domain names.
Select Domain Info link in Domain Settings menu.
Click the Add icon in the Domain Aliases field at the bottom of the page.
Enter the domain alias. This must be a fully qualified domain name, e.g. example.com:

leave the Configure DNS box unchecked if the domain alias is registered on a different DNS server. In this case, DNS for this domain alias will not be maintained and mail service will be inaccessible for this domain alias.
check the Configure DNS box if you want a DNS record for this domain alias to be created on this hosting server. In this case you'll be able to create and edit custom DNS records for this domain alias, and Mail Service will be available.

Nathan said:
Thanks Yash, but what about email aliases (Spelling!)

If I want to create a mail box for one of the aliases (not the main domain), I cannot select it from the dropdown list.

Unless of course, a mail box say:
[email protected]
will also catach those sent to:
[email protected]
I cannot test this until my dns settings have propergated.

Nathan

Yes, that is correct [email protected] and [email protected] will be the same mail box. This is because you select to create the mail services as an alias as well. If you hadn't checked that option, you could create individual mail boxes for the alias as well

Back