Poor Support - ASP.NET Validation

The validation message box for the ASP.Net validation Summary control does not work on your servers. On my machines it works fine.

The attribute: ShowMessageBox="true" in the validationsummary control should cause the validation errors to appear in message box but they do not on your servers.

I created a user ticket 2 days ago and have received no reply to my problem!! Is 2 days your usual support turnaround??

Bruce

Upload the aspnet_client files from your local machine to your FTP directory this should fix it. May I have the ticket no: you had generated, so that I may look into why it has remain unanswered.

You don't have aspnet_client folder/files while you are using ASP.net ? These files are used for validation. If you FTP to your location you'll see the files there in your root directory for the domain, you need to replace them by the files you have on your local system.

On my local machine I do have these folders but I not using any files in them. This is a very simple piece of code. I do not understand why your servers can not process it correctly.

If you have a look at the source of default.aspx in my directory you will see what I mean.

Bruce

Those files are used in the background without you explicitly programming it as such, it's just the way ASP.net works...

bgriffin said:
There are no files in the folder??

On your local machine, you will find the following:
\Inetpub\WWWROOT\aspnet_client\system_web\
In that folder, you will find 1 or more folders, such as:
1_1_4322\
1_0_3705_0\
These folders have several .js files required for the .Net validators to work.
Just copy these folders and all their contents to the \aspnet_client\system_web\ folder in your domain and the validators will work.

riley

Back