Portal Applications

Hi this is probably mainly directed as Yash as he knows my site traffic and how its coping (or not as the case maybe ?( ) and appologies Yash have just found those emails from Bruce explaining why the CPU usage was so high i'd forgotten to put a redirect on the repcrazy mail box :( .
Ok so this is my dilema high traffic site and a membership that does like portal formats (really dont want to change from Soop really as they are a great team) but if needs be may have to to keep the peace between both members and host alike :) , so i may have to start looking at other packages :( , are there any in your opinion Yash that a site like mine could use which are not too intensive on cpu or am i gonna have to start finding individual packages and build up that way?
Any suggestions or thought you have greatfully recieved so i can start mulling them over now before i well and truely outstay my welcome. :(

Anything that supports MS SQL will work fine on the servers. MS Access is a BIG problem causer with forums and large databases

Yash said:
Anything that supports MS SQL will work fine on the servers. MS Access is a BIG problem causer with forums and large databases

Thanks Yash, with that in mind i already know that the archieve idea i had for the old access db wouldnt work(i didnt activate it yet, and wont till its out of the portal format) as even the stripped portal would make too many db calls, so will rethink the archieve format.
Will leave the other portal alone as it now on MS SQL but if you do find it gives you problems please just hollar.
:)

Thanks for the quick reply it has been giving me some worry.

Back