Pre Sale for a future reseller

Dave96

Perch
hi,
You have great reseller plans but I have a few questions needing some answers.

1. When my customers sign up, is the account activation automated (with any sort of payment)? By automated I mean their info is sent by e-mail (ftp, username password...). No activation f account by me is required?

2. How is the space (mb) calculated for the databases. Is it the number of databases that are unlimited or the space also?

3. Do you offer end-support to my cutomers? If yes is there a way that the answered questions be forwarded back to me so that I'll be able to support LiveChat after i get some experience from your answers.

4. I have my domain name, will be getting my reseller plan soon. Do I need anything else for all the functions in reseller to work?

5. I'm intending on selling Linux/Windows hosting, Database hosting and Email hosting also (3 seperate services). This is possible with your plans?

6. Is it possible to get more than one ftp account for windows plans?

7. If I'm not mistaken, domain names are automatically registered by the H-Sphere panel after customer registration?

8. Antivirus and antispam are offered as an email feature?

9. Lastly, I'm not sure what oracle is, a bried summary would be appreciated!

Thank you very much and sorry about the length!
Have a nice day
David

1. When my customers sign up, is the account activation automated (with any sort of payment)? By automated I mean their info is sent by e-mail (ftp, username password...). No activation f account by me is required?

> You can create moderated or unmoderated accounts, so it works either way you want. However, if you go the unmoderated route please check your signups regularly as you can get hit with fraud signups. Not a pleasant thing, but it happens in most any business.

2. How is the space (mb) calculated for the databases. Is it the number of databases that are unlimited or the space also?

>Databases are included in the total allocation, and the space is based on usage that is calculated on a daily basis.

3. Do you offer end-support to my cutomers? If yes is there a way that the answered questions be forwarded back to me so that I'll be able to support LiveChat after i get some experience from your answers.

> This is still in the works, and that is a great idea about everything forwarded to you.

4. I have my domain name, will be getting my reseller plan soon. Do I need anything else for all the functions in reseller to work?

>You need a domain name, and if you wish to get paid, some sort of gateway. Many are supported from paypal and 2checkout on the low cost side, up to linkpoint, authorize.net and many other credit card gateways for merchant accounts.

5. I'm intending on selling Linux/Windows hosting, Database hosting and Email hosting also (3 seperate services). This is possible with your plans?

>Yes this is possible, there is not a "database plan" wizard, but one could limit all the other options and make it essentially a database posting plan, all other options have a built in plan wizard.

6. Is it possible to get more than one ftp account for windows plans?

>It is not available via the control panel, but can be done with a ticket to support, just send a list of users/passwords you wish to create.

7. If I'm not mistaken, domain names are automatically registered by the H-Sphere panel after customer registration?

>Again, this is an option, not a requirement, you can enable auto registration, or you can transfer an existing domain easily as well.

8. Antivirus and antispam are offered as an email feature?

>AntiVirus and AntiSpam canbe controlled from the control panel.

9. Lastly, I'm not sure what oracle is, a bried summary would be appreciated!

>Oracle is an enterprise level SQL server, it is typically not offered with reseller accounts, but we are working hard to bring new technology to endusers reach!

Thanks for the quick reply Atul

I don't really understand how to host VPS, the disk space, baandwidth where is that calculated (in the allocated disk space and bandwidth form the reseller plan)?

It says one ftp per user for windows hosting, so it's possible to buy more or is it actually unlimited as you said?

thansk again

Dave96, I just replied with more details.
VPS systems are Virtual Private Servers, they have their own OS system and are virtually a small server that you or your customer would need to manage and control. Some people find it of value, and others find it more than they care to mess with. It is all up to you and your customers.

if i remember correctly Atul's response said that databases are unlimited, i might be incorrect but that's what i remember.

Also i get really confused with summary disk space and disk space. an example of each would clear up a lot of trouble.

Sorry for all the hassle!

Thank you guys

Databases are "unlimited" as in we don't limit the number of them you can create, but their size still counts toward your total in the plan you sign up for.

As for the summary disk usage.

You have say 2000MB in your plan(examples only here)
You have a plan and user with a 300MB quota(this includes databases(SQL or Access), web space, email accounts) out of all of this the user has 76MB in use(again including everything).

You have another plan and user, with a 100MB account(same as above, includes all the resources) and they are using 92MB of their space.

The "hit" to your SDU as a reseller for this would be 76MB+92MB, so 168MB out of your 2000MB would be the Summary Disk Usage for your reseller account.

Does that clarify it any?

Yes thank you, on the client side it should be fixed? Fix amount of each type of space (dtabase email web space)?

thanks alot for your help

You can use SDU for your customers as well. It does not have to be fixed, but some people prefer selling it as fixed so setup the plans that way.

H-Sphere is really quite flexible :)

i got a few more questions that come up from now and than because i'm currently building my website to accomodate your reseller plan.

1. Space measured by allocation? (hopefully)

2. Cold Fusion MX has an unlimited tag, what does it mean, i'm not sure how coldfusion works. Is it just a supported extensiont like php... or is it a special database of some type?if i'm not mistaken, ColdFusion and ASP doesnt work together?

3. Can i resell domain names from my website (not just hsphere)? The price is 8.95?

Thanks

i got a few more questions that come up from now and than because i'm currently building my website to accomodate your reseller plan.

1. Space measured by allocation? (hopefully)

Actually no, space is based on usage, which means that you can actually USE all the space and oversell a bit. Allocation would mean that you coudl only give customers the space up to that point then would be billed extra. Usage based make things a lot easier to manage billing wise, as you don't haveto worryabout extra bills unless your actual used space is to the limits.

2. Cold Fusion MX has an unlimited tag, what does it mean, i'm not sure how coldfusion works. Is it just a supported extensiont like php... or is it a special database of some type?if i'm not mistaken, ColdFusion and ASP doesnt work together?

Coldfusion is a scripting language like ASP or PHP, you can get more info on it at www.macromedia.com, we are currently running version CFMX6.1

3. Can i resell domain names from my website (not just hsphere)? The price is 8.95?
I do not believe you can sell just a domain, this is not my specialty so I will ask someone in sales to verify this.

Hey
thanks alot for your support. I actually meant hopefully not in the brackets, my bad.

Don't you need some type of module for coldfusion?

It is called a "module" by the control panel, but it just requires the coldfusion server from macromedia. As for writing the scripts for coldfusion you can do so in notepad, dreamweaver, or whatever you want.

is it possible to buy our h-sphere licenses directly from h-sphere for 4$ one time fee instead of paying 0.50$ per month?

Unfortunately, no.

However, when your needs as a reseller increase to beyon the PlatinumHost plan, we could work something out for you on those lines

are there any marketing tools available? website submiter and others?

do you support Streaming Video, Streaming Audio, MIDI File Support, Macromedia's Shockwave and Flash?

do i get access to phpBB (forums) to install for my use?

When will the end support to customers be implemented and at what fee, because right, as you can see, i'm not that experienced. so supporting my clients will be hard at first.

with a reseller plan do i get the option of selling domain names from h-sphere? do i have to set up my own domain reseller account or do i resell your domains?

Back