Preventing customer taking dedicated IP

DrDan

Perch
Hi,

Is there anyway to disable Dedicated IP from the customer's control panel?

The plan allows me to choose "Default IP type", but as far as I can see the customer could then change this to dedicated in their control panel?

Thanks,

Dan.

Ah, I see the problem - this isn't available on plans without billing. Any option here?

Also, if a user is on a plan without billing and they go over Summary Disk Usage, what happens?

Dan.

Ah, I see the problem - this isn't available on plans without billing. Any option here?

Also, if a user is on a plan without billing and they go over Summary Disk Usage, what happens?

Dan.

Pretty much nothing if it is without billing.
However you can setup email notices where it will annoy them, or just alert them they need to "increase" the limit from their CP depending on how sly they are.

I think you can Moderate IP Addresses under the Moderation section of the CP.
That means before an IP is given to a customer, you need to approve it.

Check that out

Hmm - can't find anything about that... Only information on moderating new account signups.

The solution I had in mind was to change the plan from a "Without Billing" to a "Paid" and then charge $0 per month. This would open up the options on that second page. Would this work?

If I do go down that line, can I just make the switch to the existing plans, or do I need to create new plans and move these users across? There is a note on the HSphere Reseller Guide that says besides the without billing section "Note: Don't switch to paid" - any reason for this?

Thanks. And OK to convert a without billing plan to a paid plan or not?

We know people have done this in the past.
You can create a billing plan, group them and switch from this without-billing to the new billing plan

Back